News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Yeah, I have the first and don't rate it at all.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

I tried the campaign in #1, but I really didn't take to micromanaging all units myself, including making use of their various special abilities. It might have worked for me if you could give orders while paused. Without it I felt I had to juggle with a dozen balls at once.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Pedrito

Quote from: Syt on October 05, 2016, 10:16:07 AM
I tried the campaign in #1, but I really didn't take to micromanaging all units myself, including making use of their various special abilities. It might have worked for me if you could give orders while paused. Without it I felt I had to juggle with a dozen balls at once.
Subscribed. We're too old for RTSs. Although I played some missions and really appreciated the game, it's too fast paced for my middle aged need of pondering my moves.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Razgovory

I'll admit I loved Company of Heroes.  CoH is a bit more lukewarm.  It would be nice if units would throw grenades and the automatically instead of being asked.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Alcibiades

Picked it up, scratched my old Company of Heroes Online itch - not as good, unfortunately.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

MadBurgerMaker

Sniper Elite 3 is free to play on Steam this weekend, $10 if you want to buy it.  I'm having a pretty good time with it so far.  First one of these Sniper Elite games I've ever played.  The kill cam thing gets old.

Josquius

Steam Haloween sale is on.
So far nothing good. Just horror games. Thats usual for the haloween sale?
██████
██████
██████

Syt

From the sale:

I've seen some Let's Plays of Lakeview Cabin. Think 1980s horror in pixelated format. It's more about puzzle solving, exploration, and trying out things than about jump scares. It also seemed pretty open in what you can do and try within the game, giving it a bit of a sandbox feel. €2.49 seems like a reasonable price.

Hard West is kinda XCom in the Wild West with supernatural elements.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Scipio

GOG.com has The Saboteur at 50% off. If you liked the original Mercenaries or Just Cause 2, this is a pretty good similar game (made by Pandemic). You get to kill Nazis as a wise-cracking Irish car mechanic/race car driver in Paris.

EDIT: And I can't get it to get past the loading screen.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

For mobile gamers, Humble Bundle cuurently has a mobile bundle that has a number of boardgame conversions.

https://www.humblebundle.com/mobile/board-games-mobile-bundle

Catan, Scotland Yard, Ticket to Ride, Small World 2, Carcassonne, San Juan, and others.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

celedhring

Quote from: Syt on November 25, 2016, 08:15:20 AM
Slitheratrix sale is on: http://www.matrixgames.com/amazon/wintersales/Matrix%20Christmas%20Sale%202016.pdf

If I were to buy one of their Ancient Rome games, which one should it be?

(I'm willing to accept "none" as an answer, too)