And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 12, 2021, 01:36:42 PM
Quote from: Tamas on August 12, 2021, 11:17:09 AM
Is there any game in the series with a proper campaign mode of at least semi-random generated missions?

I just got it and haven't played much, but there are scripted campaigns for at least some of them (including the tanks) and there are the career modes for WW2 (not for the tanks), which I think is what you're wanting.  I don't think the WW1 one has a career mode built in, although it's called Flying Circus Volume 1, so that might be coming in Volume 2 or whatever.

Thanks!

Tamas

My first reaction is that I am probably no longer interested in combat flight sims enough to learn flying in this game.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Tamas on August 12, 2021, 04:37:30 PM
My first reaction is that I am probably no longer interested in combat flight sims enough to learn flying in this game.

Yeah I hear you.  I have owned the first one (Battle of Stalingrad) for a while, but haven't been bothered to play it until just now after buying most of the rest of them because I didn't want to mess with setting up the HOTAS and learning to play and all that. 

Tamas

This is very impressive re. IL-2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYQ8zWn2oZw&t=2193s

The guy is listing a lot of things I remember reading about the Bf-109 in Hungarian pilot biographies like behaviour at take-off or the way you are supposed to fight with it. But damn that's a lot of  stuff to learn.

Solmyr

Josquius

Anyone want a copy of Mafia III?
I played it a few years back, its pretty good in lieu of GTA 6.
██████
██████
██████

Solmyr

The Brain

I love Titan Quest. Played the shit out of it.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Jagged Alliance 1 and 2 stole a lot of my lifespan.  JA2:  Dangerous Business (I think that was the name) not so much.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

The Book of Bondmaids is 1% off on Steam until Oct 1. :w00t:

grumbler

Quote from: The Brain on September 28, 2021, 04:05:42 AM

That is not the Three Kingdoms you were looking for.

Oh, and 1% off???
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

Quote from: grumbler on September 28, 2021, 06:54:24 AM

That is not the Three Kingdoms you were looking for.

Oh, and 1% off???

ikr

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Civilization 6 Platinum edition is on sale at Win Games for around $10.00, though I guess nearly everyone here has it.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Minsky Moment

Steam has another, even bigger promotion: buy one game, and you are eligible to buy another game.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson