News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

It's pretty fun especially the early game.

I did not like micromanaging your colonists jobs.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

celedhring

I've read it's pretty dry unless you own the DLCs. Is that true? I guess I'll give it a swing anyway, it's free.

Josquius

It's alright.
Some frustrating points, pretty banished like in that supply zone shuffling is important. And I never got to the end with terraforming- dissapointing results teaching key stages.
██████
██████
██████

crazy canuck

Quote from: celedhring on March 10, 2021, 09:37:20 AM
I've read it's pretty dry unless you own the DLCs. Is that true? I guess I'll give it a swing anyway, it's free.

That was my take on it.  I did not bother with the DLCs

Solmyr

Solmyr

garbon

If you were interested in Frostpunk it is now free on Epic.

I purchased it once, found it too stressful and refunded it on Steam. :Embarrass:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: garbon on June 04, 2021, 02:42:03 AM

I purchased it once, found it too stressful and refunded it on Steam. :Embarrass:

Ok, fahdiz. :P

Just kidding. Recently had a game recommended to me where you're tasked with raising a child (boy or girl) as part of the Nazi Lebensborn program in the Third Reich. I'm glad the game exists, but I don't think it would be good for my mental state to play it. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1114070/My_Child_Lebensborn/ :cry:

QuoteParenting will be hard as your child grows up in a hostile and hateful environment. Experience how hatred towards an enemy can create victims even in times of peace. You will experience the suffering your child has to go through due to a hostile and abusive society, watching them lose warmth and happiness.

Yeah, thanks, none of that, please. :weep:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

I liked frost punk a lot.
I remember playing it in a cold December with a half decorated house where I had yet to figure out how to work the heating. Really built the atmosphere.
Good  simple game.
██████
██████
██████

Solmyr

Lots of Warhammer stuff (Fantasy and 40k) on sale at the moment: https://store.steampowered.com/sale/skulls

garbon

Quote from: Syt on June 04, 2021, 02:52:07 AM
Quote from: garbon on June 04, 2021, 02:42:03 AM

Ok, fahdiz. :P

Just kidding. Recently had a game recommended to me where you're tasked with raising a child (boy or girl) as part of the Nazi Lebensborn program in the Third Reich. I'm glad the game exists, but I don't think it would be good for my mental state to play it. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1114070/My_Child_Lebensborn/ :cry:

QuoteParenting will be hard as your child grows up in a hostile and hateful environment. Experience how hatred towards an enemy can create victims even in times of peace. You will experience the suffering your child has to go through due to a hostile and abusive society, watching them lose warmth and happiness.

Yeah, thanks, none of that, please. :weep:

:P

Yeah, I think my issue with Frostpunk was combo of bleakness but also feeling like I was always on the edge of failing.

I like games to relax not stress me out. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

GOG's summer sale has started.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Solmyr

Control is free on Epic this week.