News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

My Twitch streaming friend has it.

You will get games you haven't heard of or care about to discover. Some will be great, others will not.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

I'll rather stick with PC Gamer's weekly "Five new Steam games you probably missed this week" for games inspiration.

http://www.pcgamer.com/new-steam-games/
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Habbaku

Neat link, Syt.  Thanks!  :)
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

The arma games any good?
On at humble bundle
██████
██████
██████

Arvoreen

GOG has No-Man's Sky on sale (1-day only as far as I can see) for 40% off: https://www.gog.com/game/no_mans_sky
Is it worth the $36?

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Solmyr

crazy canuck

Big Slitherine weekend sale on Steam.  Tamas what should I get!

Tamas

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 09, 2017, 11:24:15 PM

Everything :)

But if I have to single out one, if you feel like counter-pushing wargaming, Decisive Campaigns Barbarossa is a very unique one. Probably the most authentic out there when it comes to feeling like an officer in command of a campaign.

And Qvadriga. Everyone should own Qvadriga.

Syt

I picked up the Sendoku Jidai bundle on which I had had my eyes for a while, and the Warhammer Panzer General style bundle.

I will give kudos to Slitherine - the games are discounted, and if you get a bundle, you will get another discount off the reduced prices.

Biggest discount is probably on Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations WOTY, 66% off to EUR 25.15 (and most modern what if scenarios also discounted).

http://store.steampowered.com/app/321410/?snr=1_614_615_slitherinemidweek_gridsale

So, if your idea of fun looks like the below screenshots, this might be a good opportunity:

—Stephen Jay Gould

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tamas on March 10, 2017, 05:20:46 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 09, 2017, 11:24:15 PM

Everything :)

But if I have to single out one, if you feel like counter-pushing wargaming, Decisive Campaigns Barbarossa is a very unique one. Probably the most authentic out there when it comes to feeling like an officer in command of a campaign.

And Qvadriga. Everyone should own Qvadriga.

I got them both :)

Razgovory

Is the "v" in Qvadriga pronounced as a "u"?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive