And we're back!

Main Menu

PSA: Game Discounts

Started by vinraith, April 28, 2009, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Barrister on October 03, 2009, 03:11:54 PM
Quote from: Caliga on October 03, 2009, 05:28:17 AM
Fable II: Episode 1 is currently free for X360.  Downloading it now.

Does it require Fable II?

How do you download it?
No, it is Fable II (or at least episode 1 of it). :P

You just connect to the XBox360 network thingy (whatever it's called) and browse games, and it'll be listed as costing 0 Gamer Points.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Toys 'R Us is holding its annual buy 2 videogames, get 1 free sale starting the 11th thru the 17th..
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on October 03, 2009, 05:28:17 AM
Fable II: Episode 1 is currently free for X360.  Downloading it now.

Downloaded it for the hell of it, but haven't played it yet.

I finished the Terminator game for the 360-- I really feel sad for anyone who paid full MSRP for that game.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

If you have a Best Buy Rewards Zone card (free), you can get Warhammer Online & Neverwinter Nights expansion pack free with a coupon.  I also picked up the newer Call of Juarez game (PC) for $10 with the coupon.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

sbr

Any of these games worth $5 on the Direct2Drive sale?

http://www.direct2drive.com/d2dturns5

HisMajestyBOB

Battlestations Pacific looks really cool. I'll try the demo, though, since I'm not sure it can run on my computer.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Scipio

Quote from: sbr on October 10, 2009, 02:53:34 AM
Any of these games worth $5 on the Direct2Drive sale?

http://www.direct2drive.com/d2dturns5
X-Com complete.  Runs very well in Vista.
Also, Railroads! (although far more simplistic than RRT3), COH Gold, TItan Quest Bundle, Chronicles of Riddick, and WIC, IMHO.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Berkut

You can get Civ IV Complete for $20 on Steam.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

And Company of Heroes for $10, and CoH complete for $30. Is the last one worth it? I haven't played any of them yet, kind of inclned to either get just the first for $10.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Barrister

It figures.

1 week after I get my new XBox, we have houseguests again (or the same houseguests from last year are back).  So I've suddenly lost my basement where the XBox is.

So while I've had a couple of good moments playing Rock Band / GHWT with a group of 3 (I seem to be the only one that can play the drums), I haven't been able to play a single bit of NCAA 10. :angry:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Berkut on October 13, 2009, 06:10:43 PM
And Company of Heroes for $10, and CoH complete for $30. Is the last one worth it? I haven't played any of them yet, kind of inclned to either get just the first for $10.

CoH is fast paced. There isn't time to turtle.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: Barrister on October 13, 2009, 06:21:15 PM
It figures.

1 week after I get my new XBox, we have houseguests again (or the same houseguests from last year are back).
:bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding:

Caliga

Quote from: Berkut on October 13, 2009, 06:09:51 PM
You can get Civ IV Complete for $20 on Steam.
Thanks, picking it up now.  :hug:

Grey Fox

Quote from: Berkut on October 13, 2009, 06:10:43 PM

Get the complete. The first expension is worth the money. The 2nd one is crap apparently but I haven't played it.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Question re: Civ4.  How do I play on an actual map of the Earth?  The 'Terra' option seems to generate an "Earthlike" planet but it still looks lame and unrealistic to me.  Rainforests right next to taiga... yay! :mellow: