Who will be the Republican Nominee for President (post Cain)

Started by Viking, December 03, 2011, 08:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: DGuller on December 08, 2011, 10:23:55 AM
I do expect most written communication from Congerssmen to be written by his staffers.  I also expect all of the communication written by his staffers to be signed off on by him.  To allegedly be in la-la land regarding the contents of your newsletter for years is just not credible, unless Ron Paul treated his job as a joke and let all kinds of weirdos run the place.

Agree with this. 

It is legit for Paul to say he delegated this to nutjobs and that didn't keep track of what they were doing for years and years.

That may get him off the hook for racism but that kind of supervisory incompetence is pretty damaging for someone who wants to be President of the United States.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

I heard that Obama is waging a war on religion.  When did this happen?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jacob

Razgovory

Quote from: Jacob on December 09, 2011, 03:47:19 PM
So apparently Romney is big on cold fusion.

We are going to find out Tim has been working as his science adviser.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Jacob

And Perry is going hard Christian now it seems. Does it give him a fighting chance?

Fate

Quote from: Jacob on December 09, 2011, 07:57:12 PM
And Perry is going hard Christian now it seems. Does it give him a fighting chance?

His new ad has more dislikes on YouTube than Rebecca Black's horrid Friday song and it's only been out for 2 days. I don't think so. It's so transparently desperate that even the true Evangelicals will see through it.

Neil

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on December 09, 2011, 02:07:17 PM
That may get him off the hook for racism but that kind of supervisory incompetence is pretty damaging for someone who wants to be President of the United States.
Does it?  That sort of thing tells me that he's a maverick who doesn't play by the Beltway rules.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Fate on December 09, 2011, 08:16:37 PM
His new ad has more dislikes on YouTube than Rebecca Black's horrid Friday song and it's only been out for 2 days. I don't think so. It's so transparently desperate that even the true Evangelicals will see through it.
True Christians don't use YouTube.  His ad is the most liked thing in the history of ConservaTube.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Jacob

Quote from: Neil on December 09, 2011, 08:22:30 PM
True Christians don't use YouTube.  His ad is the most liked thing in the history of ConservaTube.

Quote from: Neil on December 09, 2011, 08:19:55 PMDoes it?  That sort of thing tells me that he's a maverick who doesn't play by the Beltway rules.

Your grasp of politics is approaching the same level of quality as Tim's grasp of history.

Neil

Quote from: Jacob on December 09, 2011, 08:26:06 PM
Quote from: Neil on December 09, 2011, 08:22:30 PM
Quote from: Neil on December 09, 2011, 08:19:55 PMDoes it?  That sort of thing tells me that he's a maverick who doesn't play by the Beltway rules.
Your grasp of politics is approaching the same level of quality as Tim's grasp of history.
Ouch.

dps

Quote from: Jacob on December 09, 2011, 08:26:06 PM

Well, that's going below the belt, even by Languish standards.

Viking

Quote from: Fate on December 09, 2011, 08:16:37 PM

He disabled the like/dislike function on his official video, so people re-hosted the video so that they could dislike it. The problem with his video is not only that it is bigoted and homophobic, it is not factual. Well, the one fact he gets right is that DADT has been ended so men who suck cock can shoot mooselimbs. Kids can pray in school, what the constitution bans is government employees leading prayers in their official capacity.

The sheer stupidity is amazing.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.