News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

British Journalist: Privacy is for Pedos

Started by jimmy olsen, November 30, 2011, 09:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus

So are journalists Britain's equivalent of artsy film directors in France and football coaches in the US?

Martinus

You cannot hope to bribe or twist
(thank God!) the British journalist.
But, seeing what the man will do
unbribed, there's no occasion to.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sheilbh

Again Grumbler I think he's been pretty honest.  He's got his own spin on it and is very self-serving.  But he's provided an insight into tabloid newsroom culture over the last 20 years or so (and it wasn't all bad) and how widespread use of PIs, blagging, hacking were.  Also important is sort-of describing how they got there.  The interesting thing about his testimony is how much of his early work seems worthy.  The sense I've got from the testimony so far is that tabloid practices had always been dodgy, they got illegal about 10-15 years ago.

Similarly the Daily Star reporter who resigned gave regretful testimony over things like making the office's Muslim employee write the daily anti-Muslim story, until she got so unhappy about it she left.  Though Paul McMullan's what he would have become had he stayed for 20 years, the two together seem agree.
Let's bomb Russia!

Brazen

Quote from: The Brain on November 30, 2011, 01:08:58 PM
Does anyone NOT think that journalists are scum? Enough with the dead horse already.
:glare:

Valmy

Quote from: Brazen on December 01, 2011, 04:18:18 AM
Quote from: The Brain on November 30, 2011, 01:08:58 PM
Does anyone NOT think that journalists are scum? Enough with the dead horse already.
:glare:

Glad you could take some time away from hacking Hugh Grant's cell phone to post.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Iormlund

:huh:
What makes you think she's not posting from Hugh Grant's phone?

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point