Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

I think it was in Damnation Alley.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

It currently runs every 8 minutes at Disney.

Syt

I like pictures of 1970s New York. It looks like such a dystopian hellhole.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on November 26, 2011, 10:26:30 PM

Yeah, the city really cleaned up in the 1990's.  Hell the US really cleaned up since then.  Rivers don't catch on fire anymore.  EPA really did do a good job increasing the quality of life.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Sheilbh

I think it looks interesting and quite cool.  It's the sort of New York I imagine from the films.
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

You Brits are a very strange bunch.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 26, 2011, 10:40:57 PM
I think it looks interesting and quite cool.  It's the sort of New York I imagine from the films.

Yep. I remember, when I was a kid in the early to mid-80s, I didn't lke watching American drama or crime movies. Most "recent stuff" we got was from the 70s, and it always looked so dour and depressing.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ideologue

It's the same, just now we stay indoors.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Capetan Mihali

At least America in the 70s had Quaaludes to deal with the crises. 

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

The Brain

Nice pics. And we dodged the stories. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

On NY it brings to mind the Outcasts series (Bova I think?) and the bit where the main character is lost in New York after dark and frantically trying to get himself inside a fortress house lest he be killed by the gangs.... Sci-fi from the 70s is quite interesting, they really extrapolate these problems of the time- urban decay, the potential for food shortages, etc.... and take them to extremes....extremes that we know never came to pass because solutions were found.

Some interesting photos there.
██████
██████
██████

Jacob

Those are some pretty cool picks. Fuck yeah.