News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Video of yours' truly giving a speech

Started by Hansmeister, April 28, 2009, 06:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

Interesting stuff in that talk. Some of it we've heard before. I'm surprised, a bit concerned, at the hide bound mentality of the Military command to resist change in Iraq, even as it probably should have seen what was being done wrongly. Top Brass even resisted General Petraeus' ideas, saying we should leave, can't get the job done? I figured that the military was changing, or would change, to adapt to conditions in Iraq, or anywhere for that matter. Amazing that after so many years, hundreds of years of history of armies fighting the last war, that the US Army still fell into the same trap in Iraq. Especially after seeing the effectiveness of a small number of special forces troops in Afghanistan just shortly before. Now the Army is hugely supportive of spec forces, finally I guess.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ancient Demon

Sadly I can't watch the speech. Is it available in a different format?
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Tamas

Quote from: Zanza2 on April 28, 2009, 10:14:06 AM
Quote from: Caliga on April 28, 2009, 09:35:12 AM
Isn't he German (as in, lived in Germany)?
Doesn't sound like a German accent though.

It does remind me a bit of the English of some of the German colleauges I talk to on the phone, though.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Viking

Doesn't sound like a 'murrican... I'm suspicious.. BTW wtf is Army Psyops doing at the John Locke foundation? Is it a front?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Hansmeister

Quote from: Viking on April 28, 2009, 03:48:38 PM
Doesn't sound like a 'murrican... I'm suspicious.. BTW wtf is Army Psyops doing at the John Locke foundation? Is it a front?

I used to work there.

Siege

I love the suit.

Ok Hans, spill the beans. Where is your accent from?

By the way, I relate to you. I have a foreign accent and it have made my carrer in the US Army that much harder.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

I don't agree that the army had changed little between 1941 and 2001.

The 7-8 didn't even exist in 1941.

Siege

Ok, Hans, you got me.

What's your first language?

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Siege

I agree with 1991 and "Not improving upon a success".