News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fallen Enchantress

Started by Grallon, January 28, 2012, 05:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grallon

Yesterday I had an email from Stardock - because I had purchased Elemental War of Magic when it came out - I had been coopted into the beta testing for their new version of the game called: Fallen Enchantress.  Further, when the game is released I can have it for free.  I'm sure some of you here got the email.  So I downloaded the beta and have been playing all day.  Surprisingly stable for a beta.  Of course there are bugs but still.  They have streamlined the interface and the mechanics.  I'm looking forward to this.  Add Crusader Kings II and I won't have time to trade on the oceans anymore.

G.

http://www.elementalgame.com/fallen-enchantress
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Yeah I don't see what there is to be excited about. So this is the revamp of a game that was released as a pile of rubbish previously.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

KRonn

I wouldn't call the oirginal rubbish. It had some good concepts, city building, heroes, resources, magic trees, combat system was decent.
Game just wasn't real fun to play over the long haul, and AI needed tweaking. It was similar to the old Master of Magic game.

garbon

I would and the developer admitted as such. I'm not sure what else there is to say about a not fun game that doesn't have many of the promised features.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.