News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Black Friday

Started by CountDeMoney, November 23, 2011, 11:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 25, 2011, 06:02:16 PM
Next year I'm taking American Thanksgiving off. Fuck this crap work days when all you want to do is stuff your face & shop.
Back off, bitch. You have your own 'Thanksgiving' holiday already.   :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Quote from: Caliga on November 25, 2011, 06:22:41 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on November 25, 2011, 06:02:16 PM
Next year I'm taking American Thanksgiving off. Fuck this crap work days when all you want to do is stuff your face & shop.
Back off, bitch. You have your own 'Thanksgiving' holiday already.   :mad:

Can't you share?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Darth Wagtaros

Friend called up and offered to drive if I went to the mall with him.  It was crowded but not terrible, as is usually the case by five or six.  Wasn't in a shopping mood so I only bought some candles.
PDH!

Legbiter

QuoteThe start of the US holiday shopping season was marred by shootings and pepper-sprayings as bargain-hunters stampeded stores.

The violence gave a whole new meaning to Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving when many retailers move out of the red and into the black.

The incidents, including at least two robberies, mostly took place at branches of the store chain Walmart.

Half of the entire US population is expected to hit the shops this weekend.

Many stores had crowds rushing in as they opened at midnight - several hours earlier than they usually do - on the busiest shopping day of the year.

The openings were mostly peaceful, but there were ugly scenes in some places as crowds competed for goods.

One of the most dramatic incidents happened in a Walmart store in Los Angeles, where police are using CCTV footage to hunt for a woman who used pepper spray on crowds competing for Xbox 360s.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15879139

Sounds like it went pretty well all things considered.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Ideologue

Robberies?  Huh, seems like a bad time for it at first blush, unless you've got some kind of Inside Man scheme going.

Though, since I've worked there, I can confirm that a Wal-Mart would be a great place to rob if you can get into their bookkeeping office and can get away with it.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadBurgerMaker

On a whim, my wife and I dropped by Best Buy to see what was up this morning after a very late dinner.  We got there about 115, left about 3 with a new 37" TV. 

Damn thing was only $350 (it wasn't one of those things people camp out for, just a normal ~$75 off sale or something, and it wasn't even marked.  I just saw the boxes up on the top rack and asked the dude how much they were), and the 32" I had in the back room had been really pissing me off yesterday.  The goddamn thing just wouldn't respond to its remote for some reason.  I had to walk over to it, hold the remote a couple inches from the sensor, and mash the button 7 or 8 times just to turn it on or off.  So basically, there was no point to even having the remote for it.  Now that we moved it though it works just fine in its new location.  :huh:  I don't know what the deal with that is, but I guess it works out.

Edit:  Oh and I got a new router too.  Netgear N600 or some such.

DGuller

I helped my parents order a new i7 Dell, through an online Black Friday special.  Now they can download five times as much spyware and malware before having their computer grind to a halt.  Interestingly enough, I managed to clean out their current computer so well that my dad is having second thoughts about going through with replacing their four year old Core 2 Inspiron.  :hmm:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on November 26, 2011, 12:03:50 PM
I helped my parents order a new i7 Dell, through an online Black Friday special.  Now they can download five times as much spyware and malware before having their computer grind to a halt. 

:lol:

KRonn

I haven't gone out shopping this weekend yet.   :(  I'm feeling like such a non-conformer.

sbr

I went to Costco yesterday with my dad so he could buy me a new TV for Xmas  :showoff:.  I was expecting full contact shopping like usual on any random weekend there, but it was pretty tame, there were quite a few parking spots near the doors.  We went at 3PM, I think we hit the window after the maniacs that were up all night had crashed and before the poor slobs that had to work got off.

KRonn

Quote from: sbr on November 26, 2011, 01:52:09 PM
I went to Costco yesterday with my dad so he could buy me a new TV for Xmas  :showoff:.  I was expecting full contact shopping like usual on any random weekend there, but it was pretty tame, there were quite a few parking spots near the doors.  We went at 3PM, I think we hit the window after the maniacs that were up all night had crashed and before the poor slobs that had to work got off.
Too bad you missed out on the traditional pushing and shoving, and possible low scale mayhem for the true Black Friday experience.   ;)

Alcibiades

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on November 25, 2011, 10:41:43 PM
On a whim, my wife and I dropped by Best Buy to see what was up this morning after a very late dinner.  We got there about 115, left about 3 with a new 37" TV. 

Damn thing was only $350 (it wasn't one of those things people camp out for, just a normal ~$75 off sale or something, and it wasn't even marked.  I just saw the boxes up on the top rack and asked the dude how much they were), and the 32" I had in the back room had been really pissing me off yesterday.  The goddamn thing just wouldn't respond to its remote for some reason.  I had to walk over to it, hold the remote a couple inches from the sensor, and mash the button 7 or 8 times just to turn it on or off.  So basically, there was no point to even having the remote for it.  Now that we moved it though it works just fine in its new location.  :huh:  I don't know what the deal with that is, but I guess it works out.

Edit:  Oh and I got a new router too.  Netgear N600 or some such.

New battery usually fixes that  :P
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: DGuller on November 26, 2011, 12:03:50 PM
I helped my parents order a new i7 Dell, through an online Black Friday special.  Now they can download five times as much spyware and malware before having their computer grind to a halt.  Interestingly enough, I managed to clean out their current computer so well that my dad is having second thoughts about going through with replacing their four year old Core 2 Inspiron.  :hmm:
Mine do this every two weeks.  They also deny its their fault.
PDH!