News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Dark Souls

Started by fhdz, November 21, 2011, 08:36:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fhdz

Anybody playing this for Xbox or PS3? Looks phenomenal. Every review I've read makes it SOUND phenomenal.

What are your thoughts, Languish?
and the horse you rode in on

Grey Fox

Have you ever been kidnap before? Did you suffer from stockholm syndrom? That's a lot like playing any Souls game.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

fhdz

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 21, 2011, 08:45:57 PM
Have you ever been kidnap before? Did you suffer from stockholm syndrom? That's a lot like playing any Souls game.

:wub:

Syt

It sounds great, but I've stayed away, because it sounds too time consuming and frustrating for my liking. From what I've read the game is hard and you can expect to die very often till you figure out how a certain part is supposed to be beaten. From the descriptions it reminds me of old Konami games like Contra in that regard. Fun games, but I don't really have the patience or time anymore to tackle a certain part a dopzen or more times to figure out how I get past it.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josephus

Is that good or bad? (I can't tell since I've never been kidnapped)

I'm trying to find a good game to get for PS3, other than my soccer games, and I'm running up against a wall all the time.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Octavian

Quote from: Josephus on November 23, 2011, 05:28:45 PM

Is that good or bad? (I can't tell since I've never been kidnapped)

I'm trying to find a good game to get for PS3, other than my soccer games, and I'm running up against a wall all the time.

From what I understand this game will make you bang your head against the wall.
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Josephus

Quote from: Octavian on November 23, 2011, 05:52:42 PM

From what I understand this game will make you bang your head against the wall.

Fuck it then.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

fhdz

The Brain

What kind of wall do you have?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

fhdz

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

So, I'm currently bashing my head again against this particular rock.

9 hours into my char I'm still in the Undead Burg, and still haven't beaten the first boss after the Asylum. Or the Black Knight (got the ring he guards from leaping off a bride, though). :lol:

I have no trouble with the normal enemies, and I did get pretty far into the Black Knight a few times, but one missed parry and I'm all fucked. :ph34r:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Caliga

I never tried this one out because I heard from multiple people that this game is too hard.  I barely have time for games anymore so I definitely don't have an interest in playing shit over and over cause it's hard.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Brezel

Quote from: Syt on August 02, 2015, 04:04:10 AM
So, I'm currently bashing my head again against this particular rock.

9 hours into my char I'm still in the Undead Burg, and still haven't beaten the first boss after the Asylum. Or the Black Knight (got the ring he guards from leaping off a bride, though). :lol:

I have no trouble with the normal enemies, and I did get pretty far into the Black Knight a few times, but one missed parry and I'm all fucked. :ph34r:

Just ignore the black knights until you get to a bit higher level. Also try acquring the drake sword.

Syt

Well, turns out the Black Knight was easy - I did the ripostes after parrying wrong.  :blush:

Getting close on the Taurus demon now.
—Stephen Jay Gould