News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Started by Josquius, November 10, 2011, 06:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

So....in case you haven't noticed today is rather special.
Will we see the end of the world before the day is out?
Will sales of pocky go through the roof?
Should I feel bad about wasting such a day?
Or is it just a freak coincidence that means nothing whatsoever.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tonitrus

Admiral Yi

If the world ends in Japan give the rest of us a quick heads up Squeeze.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tyr on November 10, 2011, 06:59:14 PM

Doesn't there need to be some random related fact for a coincidence?  :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Martinus

Razgovory

I thought he was in Japan.  Anyway, I don't care how far in the future he is.  It's still the 10th in Absolute Now.

DGuller

So, you're saying that it's just by blind luck that 111111 day happens to be tomorrow?  Out of all possible days that 111111 could be on, it happens to occur now. :yeahright:

Ed Anger

I'm gonna watch the Carrier Classic. Spartans vs Tarheels on the deck of the Vinson? USA! USA! USA!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

It just occured to me that we won't have a 111111 day after tomorrow for another 100 years. :o  It blows your mind if you think about it.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 10, 2011, 07:45:05 PM
I'm gonna watch the Carrier Classic. Spartans vs Tarheels on the deck of the Vinson? USA! USA! USA!

Did they enclose a court or is it open air?

How the hell are the players supposed to get laid after the game?

How the hell are they guaranteeing the safety of the cheerleaders?

Josquius

QuoteI thought he was in Japan.  Anyway, I don't care how far in the future he is.  It's still the 10th in Absolute Now.
Its the 11th in Europe too, the majority of the world's population is in the 11th. :p

Quote from: DGuller on November 10, 2011, 07:43:30 PM
So, you're saying that it's just by blind luck that 111111 day happens to be tomorrow?  Out of all possible days that 111111 could be on, it happens to occur now. :yeahright:
Kind of.
I mean we are starting our dating system from an arbitrary point and we regularly fudge it with leap years.
██████
██████
██████

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 10, 2011, 07:54:36 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 10, 2011, 07:45:05 PM

Did they enclose a court or is it open air?

How the hell are the players supposed to get laid after the game?

How the hell are they guaranteeing the safety of the cheerleaders?

One on the deck and another one in the hangar in case of bad weather.

Don't ask, don't tell.

Giant nets.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josephus

Quote from: DGuller on November 10, 2011, 07:48:28 PM
It just occured to me that we won't have a 111111 day after tomorrow for another 100 years. :o  It blows your mind if you think about it.

The cool thing about 111111 is that it is 111111 whether you go by the European dd/mm/yy method or the American mm/dd/yy method. :D
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011