News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Penn State Goings-On

Started by jimmy olsen, November 06, 2011, 07:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

$60 million fine, scholarships dropped from 25 to 15 for 4 years, no post-season play for 4 years. 1998-2011 results vacated.  Probation and enforced reforms, all sorts of anti-freedomnism and anti-libertarinanism.

katmai

Drops paterno back past Bowden, Bear and others in wins.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

jimmy olsen

Mike McQuery is now the last Penn state QB with a winning record!  :D
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Only people I feel bad for are the incoming freshmen who are now put in difficult positions through no fault of their own.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

sbr

Quote from: garbon on July 23, 2012, 09:18:49 AM
Only people I feel bad for are the incoming freshmen who are now put in difficult positions through no fault of their own.

Yep, and even though they are allowed to leave and play elsewhere immediately it is too close to the start of the season for there to be many openings on other teams.  Hopefully they will have the chance to leave next off-season as well.

sbr

Though it is pretty hard to blame any of the current players, I doubt they knew much of anything about everything that led to this.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: sbr on July 23, 2012, 09:20:40 AM
Quote from: garbon on July 23, 2012, 09:18:49 AM

Yep, and even though they are allowed to leave and play elsewhere immediately it is too close to the start of the season for there to be many openings on other teams.  Hopefully they will have the chance to leave next off-season as well.
At least they won't count against other teams scholarship limits.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Kleves

This story has been a godsend for ESPN.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Syt

Will only the school's wins be vacated, or will the players' records also be purged?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

I have never liked the expunging of past results - just seems so Orwellian to pretend that what everyone witnessed never happened.

Other than that - good.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Well it was really only recourse to punish Paterno that they had.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

Quote from: katmai on July 23, 2012, 09:46:03 AM

What's the point in punishing the dead?

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on July 23, 2012, 09:51:02 AM
Quote from: katmai on July 23, 2012, 09:46:03 AM

What's the point in punishing the dead?

This.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.