News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Italian Cold Fusion - Scam or Breakthrough?

Started by jimmy olsen, November 07, 2011, 11:54:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

What I find weird is that Tim is so excited about Science things, yet he doesn't seem to able distinguish junk science with the real thing.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on November 09, 2011, 12:35:43 AM
What I find weird is that Tim is so excited about Science things, yet he doesn't seem to able distinguish junk science with the real thing.
I'm aware that this is 99% likely to be fraudulent but if true it has such potential to revolutionize our civilization that I felt it should be mentioned.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tonitrus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 09, 2011, 12:42:09 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 09, 2011, 12:35:43 AM
I'm aware that this is 99% likely to be fraudulent but if true it has such potential to revolutionize our civilization that I felt it should be mentioned.

So it's kinda like my life and winning the lottery.

I'll keep you all posted every time I buy tickets.

Tamas

grumbler

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 09, 2011, 12:54:21 AM
So it's kinda like my life and winning the lottery.

Kinda like that, only about 10,000 times more likely.

QuoteI'll keep you all posted every time I buy tickets.

Knock yerself out, chief.  I won't be reading, but I won't be moaning about you doing it.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

Quote from: Tyr on November 08, 2011, 11:10:21 PM
Quote from: The Brain on November 08, 2011, 10:43:16 AM
Quote from: Tyr on November 07, 2011, 08:49:43 PM
Assuming it is real- why then would he be making and selling these little experimental plants to secretive customers rather than going doing in physics history for such a mammoth breakthrough and getting actual proper investment to develop it to commercial levels?

Could be he's some sort of nut and likes this way of money in his pocket for research better but.....yeah. Colour me skeptical...

Anyway, this is the first I've heard of this, it has been making waves in the mainstream press it says?

IF he is not a scammer then he may well have pondered the fact that going down in physics history doesn't bring in the money. Revealing the secret would be pretty damn stupid.

I thought that but...surely patents and stuff should mean there is quite a lot of money in such an amazingly useful and potentially in demand invention?

IIRC he has filed some crap patent that doesn't say shit.

Speaking generally a patent is just one of the methods available to help you protect your interests as an inventor, ideally you manage to come up with a patent for one critical part of your invention while keeping another critical part secret. There are several other ways besides patents and they all have their strengths and weaknesses. You normally try to use as many as possible for defense in depth.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on November 09, 2011, 07:18:56 AM

Knock yerself out, chief.  I won't be reading, but I won't be moaning about you doing it.

What if I buy lottery tickets and post about it?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017