Wireless mice and keyboards

Started by Josquius, November 02, 2011, 10:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Doing a bit of research, and the Logitech MK 520 might be just what you are looking for.  You can get it for about $40 here, and it is the updated version of the mouse and keyboard I have been using for years.  Users report that it has a range of about 25 feet with no problems, and under desk isn't an issue (it is, like all the modern wireless devices of which i am aware, a 2.4 GHz device, so it easily goes through wood and fabric, though not metal).  Lots of reviews on Amazon, where it is rated 4.5 stars.  5 out of 5 at Newegg.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josquius

I was at the shop again today on something unrelated...I notice a lot seem to say bluetooth in addition to those lasery ones.
Is bluetooth the standard? Or lame?

This logitech set seems to go for a decent price on J-amazon, have to sort out how to buy stuff properly on there though <_<
██████
██████
██████

grumbler

Quote from: Tyr on November 06, 2011, 07:10:42 AM
I was at the shop again today on something unrelated...I notice a lot seem to say bluetooth in addition to those lasery ones.
Is bluetooth the standard? Or lame?

This logitech set seems to go for a decent price on J-amazon, have to sort out how to buy stuff properly on there though <_<
Bluetooth gives you better range, has better resistance to interference, and doesn't take up a USB port if your computer is Bluetooth enabled.  I don't know of any comparative downsides to Bluetooth mice/keyboards, except cost.  If you find two equivalent options for about the same price, I'd go Bluetooth for sure.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Monoriu

In honour of this thread I bought a set of Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard, and they work flawlessly in the same set up. 

I have reason to suspect that Dell gave me crap  :mad:

Tonitrus

I guess I am more of a curmudgeon than grumbler, I like my stuff wired.

Fuck batteries.

grumbler

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 09, 2011, 04:04:37 AM
I guess I am more of a curmudgeon than grumbler, I like my stuff wired.

Fuck batteries.

Wired is better when going wired is as easy as going wireless, but that's not always going to be true.  It is a tradeoff.  My current home setup would leave me with insufficient scope in the wires after I ran them being furniture and through the back of the desk, so I went wireless.  I'd be happy wired, too.

Bayraktar!

Josquius

I currently hate wired since my mouse  wire has the reach of a crippled midget.
██████
██████
██████

Barrister

Quote from: Tyr on November 09, 2011, 07:44:43 AM

You can get USB extension cords...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Barrister on November 09, 2011, 09:38:32 AM

If only crippled midgets had such a solution.  :(

Josquius

Quote from: Barrister on November 09, 2011, 09:38:32 AM

Could do. But it wouldn't let me use it on the sofa too.
██████
██████
██████