Main Menu

Audiophiles to me!

Started by Slargos, March 12, 2009, 01:23:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

Quote from: garbon on March 13, 2009, 01:47:14 AM
What a dumb title for this thread.

I was hoping to keep you out.

You obviously do not have a black-culture bone in your body so could be of no use to me here.  :-[

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

Charles McVey
certain pieces by Levi Kreis

garbon

Quote from: Slargos on March 13, 2009, 02:00:28 AM

You obviously do not have a black-culture bone in your body so could be of no use to me here.  :-[

Actually your initial post is a mess of contradictions.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Slargos

Quote from: garbon on March 13, 2009, 10:11:51 AM
Quote from: Slargos on March 13, 2009, 02:00:28 AM

Actually your initial post is a mess of contradictions.

I wish you'd be more specific when you made these completely outrageous assassinations of my moral character.

clandestino

Quote from: Slargos on March 12, 2009, 01:23:44 AM
I need to find inspiration for bands/songs to the tone of Santa Esmeralda and their performance of Don't let me be understood.

It has a tasty beat.

Ignoring the rampant negroisms and bad disco dancing. But I can ignore those. See, Garbon. I can enjoy and respect your culture. I don't hate you.  :-*

So, are you looking for Disco songs? I'm pretty sure you can find some bands of the genre by yourself.

But on the 2nd post you talk about jazz/blues. Can't help you that much on that.

Slargos

Quote from: clandestino on March 13, 2009, 11:01:42 AM
Quote from: Slargos on March 12, 2009, 01:23:44 AM
I need to find inspiration for bands/songs to the tone of Santa Esmeralda and their performance of Don't let me be understood.

It has a tasty beat.

Ignoring the rampant negroisms and bad disco dancing. But I can ignore those. See, Garbon. I can enjoy and respect your culture. I don't hate you.  :-*

So, are you looking for Disco songs? I'm pretty sure you can find some bands of the genre by yourself.

But on the 2nd post you talk about jazz/blues. Can't help you that much on that.

No, I'm not looking for Disco songs. I'm looking specifically for songs with a similar "sound" as that particular song. That the music vid for it has disco dancing is coincidental. I threw it out here in pure desperation.

I guess posting the link to the youtube vid would help for those not immediately familiar with it.  :-X

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8NVQ0iao0g

clandestino

Can't help you if you are in denial. 8) :freud:

Slargos