News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

I am retiring in the fall

Started by Ed Anger, April 11, 2011, 02:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on October 14, 2011, 09:42:24 AM
Valmy likes the scene in Austin - the snow on the ground, the frosty winter mornings...

The we jump in our one horse open sleighs and go to work.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

szmik

Quote from: Tamas on October 14, 2011, 08:14:46 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 14, 2011, 08:13:10 AM
Quote from: Tamas on October 14, 2011, 08:08:58 AM
WTF it's October. Do you Americans really have the christmas tree hang around for 3 months?

What is the: point?
No, most people have it up for 3-5 weeks beforehand and maybe 2 weeks after.

that's silly beyond belief

oh, why?

you're not used to it, that's all

People around here have it from Christmas Eve till February 2nd. I don't remember why though, still over a month. I'd rather have it american way.
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

garbon

WTF it's October. Do you Americans really have the christmas tree hang around for 3 months?

What would be the point on decorating a tree for one day?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Personally, I don't see the point of decorating the tree at all. /humbug
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 15, 2011, 11:07:29 PM
Personally, I don't see the point of decorating the tree at all. /humbug

Oh me neither. :hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 14, 2011, 08:29:22 AM

Blackmailing the kids into good behavior.

Also, if you're going to go to the trouble of spending hours decorating your house, why the fuck would you want to enjoy the decorations for a day before spending hours tearing them down?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Whoa, whole house? Pass. One tree, that is it.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Well, I meant like, living room.  The principle still applies, but serious Christmas decorations are kind of alien to me; it's an artifact of growing up in a house two linear acres from the road, I guess. :P
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

I never did see the thrill about throwing lights on the outside. I'm not setting up a landing strip for aircraft, so a beacon ain't needed.

Then there are the trash that leave their lights up all year.

Ed Anger

Tree is: Up.

The look on the kids faces was worth the hour of profanity and death threats.

Jacob

The tree is up on the 1st of November?

Interesting.

fhdz

When I retire, I hope it will be to a rad beach house on the Oregon or Washington coast (Long Beach is nice), or possibly Vancouver BC.

I hope to never have to put up a fucking Christmas tree after I am retired.
and the horse you rode in on