And we're back!

Main Menu

Mechwarrior Online

Started by Ed Anger, November 01, 2011, 04:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

It sounds like World of Tanks meets BattleTech.  Which isn't a bad thing.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

JonasSalk

World of MechWarrior? Don't mind if I do.  :showoff:
Yuman

Habbaku

About fucking time.  I was wondering when the IP would be exploited again.  World of Tanks business model is perfect for a game like this.

Can't wait.  :)
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Valmy

No Clan shit right?  This is classic Great Houses stuff right?

I hope so.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on November 02, 2011, 09:03:57 AM
No Clan shit right?  This is classic Great Houses stuff right?

I hope so.

Look closer.

The plan is that this tracks the BT timeline day for day.  That is if today is November 2, 2011 in reality, in the game it is November 2, 3049 in the game.

The clan invasion hits in 3050.

Which is okay.  I think they should hold out longer before introducing them, but they're probably necessary for the same reason they were necessary originally - to introduce change and new mechs into the game.

Valmy

Oh so I can be: Free Rasalhague Republic?  Then at least I can die horribly shortly after the Clans invade  :P

1st Hussars for li...*sounds of explosions*
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Who knows.  With over a year until planned release lots of details could be cut or changed.

Slargos

If this works like it sounds it will, I'm definitely going to play it.

Malicious Intent

I like WoT and I love BattleTech, so it's a win.
Would have prefered a setting in 3025 or 2028 though.

Habbaku

Quote from: Malicious Intent on November 02, 2011, 11:37:00 AM
I like WoT and I love BattleTech, so it's a win.
Would have prefered a setting in 3025 or 2028 though.

I thought that as well, initially, but as the Beeb pointed out, the slow but steady introduction of new Clanner equipment/mechs allows for a lot of room to expand the game as time goes on.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Malicious Intent

Quote from: Habbaku on November 02, 2011, 11:47:14 AM
I thought that as well, initially, but as the Beeb pointed out, the slow but steady introduction of new Clanner equipment/mechs allows for a lot of room to expand the game as time goes on.

And that is admittedly a good point. It's merely the nostalgia that makes me prefer the earlier period. All those countless battlles that saw my Marauder being blown apart, thanks to that damn AC/5 ammo.  :Embarrass: Oh thinly armored right torso, how I loathe thee.

Ed Anger

I want the Jihad and mass use of WND.

The amount of griefing I could do would give me a murder boner.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Drakken

First a faithful Shadowrun Online in the works, now this?

This is gonna be a kick-ass 2012.