Wrestling with my work laptop

Started by Josquius, October 31, 2011, 10:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

I've been given a laptop at work. It is apparently rather good, quad core et al, but....it acts weird for reasons which I  either do not know or cannot fix.

1: Not weird, but something I would still like to fix...is there anyway to change the language on windows 7? Its all in Japanese, would be nice if my control panel et al was in English. Would mean I could investigate the rest myself.
2: When I am typing often the pointer will suddenly teleport back a few lines and start typing there for absolutely no apparent reason. Any clue what this could be and how to knock it off?
3: Touch pad touch to click. This is the devil, I always deactivate itas standard on laptops...but this one seems to lack the icon in the bottom right. and the mouse options control pannel thingy has nought...any idea where I can find this must purge?
4; word will occasionally open a new document for no apparent reason. Any clue what it could possibly be?
██████
██████
██████

viper37

#1 only if it's Windows Ultimate.  Then, Region&Language, Keyboards and Language, Display Language.
#2 Your laptop is posessed.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Arvoreen

#1, http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/downloads/languages

#2, is probably your touchpad.....I have a similar issue, where my thumb or palm will hit the touchpad and cause it to move the cursor....

#4, could also be touchpad click by mistake.

#3, perhaps you need to still install a driver or software that your company didn't put on, or took off....Go to the manufacturer's web site and see if you can find the touchpad driver/software bundle :)

Josquius

Quote from: Arvoreen on November 01, 2011, 12:16:31 PM
#2, is probably your touchpad.....I have a similar issue, where my thumb or palm will hit the touchpad and cause it to move the cursor....

#4, could also be touchpad click by mistake.

hmm, I had that theory too but....I dunno, it seems to happen even when being extra careful....I certainly need to kill this pad anyway then hopefully I'll see.

Thanks.
██████
██████
██████