Mexico's Zetas Drug Cartel Threatened By 'Anonymous' Hacker Group

Started by jimmy olsen, October 31, 2011, 11:02:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Tonitrus

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on November 05, 2011, 12:14:10 AM
I wonder why Zetas and the likes haven't been classified as terrorist groups yet.  Surely their tactics qualify for the label.

America would have to invade.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on November 05, 2011, 12:14:10 AM
I wonder why Zetas and the likes haven't been classified as terrorist groups yet.  Surely their tactics qualify for the label.

Actually that's a good question.  Considering what the Cartels are stooping to they really should be labeled terrorist groups.  I was looking at the legal definition of terrorism for the State Department and they seem to fit.  For Instance:

QuoteThe seizing or detaining, and threatening to kill, injure, or continue to detain, another individual in order to compel a third person (including a governmental organization) to do or abstain from doing any act as an explicit or implicit condition for the release of the individual seized or detained.
Seems to fit pretty well.  Not to mention the bomb attacks, and assorted massacres.  These groups are not overtly political, but I think have actually gotten beyond mere gangsterism.  The reason why they haven't been so labeled is probably turf war.  The DEA probably wouldn't like it they lost more authority on this front.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017