And we're back!

Main Menu

So what happened to the BP oil spill?

Started by Martinus, October 27, 2011, 03:00:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Martinus on October 28, 2011, 06:03:47 AM
Quote from: grumbler on October 27, 2011, 04:40:25 PM
[Marti] So what about World War Two? It was like big on the news and we were all going to die and all, but then it suddenly went off the radar. Was anyone held liable? Was it stopped?  :huh:[/Marti]

WW2 ended definitely.

you sure? I thought Russia and Japan hadn't signed the peace yet.

DGuller

They automatically white peaced in 1948.

fhdz

Also: the dudes who capped that well are truly amazing engineers and repairmen. Regardless of the fact that they work for Evil And Not Very Nice BP (none of them were likely responsible for the safety flaws anyway) they are, in my opinion, heroes.

This article from July of last year on this topic is pretty neat, and changed the way I thought about the situation a bit:

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/07/fix-it/
and the horse you rode in on

Ed Anger

I still like Kevin Costner's waterworld contraptions he brought to the gulf.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Berkut on October 28, 2011, 09:48:13 AM
Quote from: grumbler on October 28, 2011, 08:48:51 AM
Or stay.  I find your combination of arrogance and stupidity highly entertaining.  So long as you are here, no one else needs to worry about being the most pathetic member of the forum.
I can at least make a run at it, can't I?
Nah.  You're quite tolerable.  Your most annoying trait was always your militant atheism, but Viking is worse.  Nobody's as bad as you are when it comes to hating on Ray Lewis, but you've gotten soft in that regard.

No, I generally enjoy your contributions.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on October 28, 2011, 12:32:09 PM
Quote from: Martinus on October 28, 2011, 06:03:47 AM
You can be such an obnoxious retard at times. You are one of the two my least favourite people on Languish.
Go on.  We all know you want to share the list with us.  :)

I hope I'm high on that list.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017