American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Which is odd because it sounds like from what you were saying your CCDW is much easier to get. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

11B4V

Quote from: Caliga on February 19, 2012, 03:09:41 PM
Which is odd because it sounds like from what you were saying your CCDW is much easier to get. :hmm:
Yea, you would figure it the other way around.
QuoteWhat are the requirements for a Washington concealed weapon permit?
•Be 21 years of age or older at time of application.
•Be a United States citizen or a permanent resident alien with permanent resident card or "green card."
•Have no pending trial, appeal, or sentencing on a charge that would prohibit you from having a license.
•Have no outstanding warrants for any charge, from any court.
•Have no court order or injunction against possessing a firearm.
•Have no mental health conditions that would prohibit you from having a license.
•Have no felony convictions, or adjudications for a felony offense, in this state or elsewhere. "Felony" means any felony offense under the laws of Washington, or any federal or out-of-state offense comparable to a felony offense under the laws of Washington.
•Have no convictions for any of the following crimes committed by one family member against another on or after July 1, 1993: ◦Assault IV
◦Coercion
◦Stalking
◦Reckless Endangerment
◦Criminal Trespass in the first degree
◦Violation of the provisions of a protection order or no-contact order restraining the person or excluding the person from the residence
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Tonitrus

Quote from: Caliga on February 19, 2012, 07:10:35 AM
* She wound randomly say "God Bless America".  I thought at first she was doing this in lieu of swearing (she seemed to do it alot when she was feebly trying to load up her magazines), but then realized it was some sort of tic later.

I had a sergeant once who would say "God Bless America" in place of swearing, but more in a facetious way to avoid to be vulgar.  He was also big into owning firearms and shooting, but he was also:

- Black
- Muslim
- Married to a Korean woman

Caliga

Black AND Muslim?  More like "God Damn America" :(

Tonitrus

Quote from: Caliga on February 19, 2012, 03:58:45 PM
Black AND Muslim?  More like "God Damn America" :(

Guy was very pro-American and Republican (into Ron Paul territory). 

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on February 19, 2012, 02:53:58 PM
Here's another way of looking at it:

GREEN - states that trust Cal
RED - nanny bullshit states that don't

I'm not a state, and I don't fucking trust you with a gun, either.

Caliga

Well in any event you picked the right state to live in. :)

Razgovory

Quote from: 11B4V on February 19, 2012, 03:26:04 PM

•Have no mental health conditions that would prohibit you from having a license.

Awwww. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 19, 2012, 04:45:34 PM

I'm not a state, and I don't fucking trust you with a gun, either.
:thumbsup:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

So most of the decent States say no?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on February 19, 2012, 08:56:41 PM
So most of the decent States say no?
If by 'decent states' you mean 'states that don't trust their residents to defend themselves', then I guess the answer is yes. :bowler: