Hungary: Thousands Protest Against Prime Minister Viktor Orban's Policies

Started by Martinus, October 24, 2011, 04:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on October 24, 2011, 07:49:52 PM
Quote from: Caliga on October 24, 2011, 07:35:30 PM
Jesus, is that video recorded in Hungarian?  It sounds like baby talk.  Bar bar bar bar bar bar.  The Greeks were right. :)

Keep in mind that they're practically Russians and it makes more sense.

You are mistaking us with the Polacks, Southerner.

And I can say, with authority, that our language is nicer than yours :P

Razgovory

I have to say, that weird grunting sound you guys make is unattractive.  Oh and I think some people in Russia speak a language similar to yours.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tamas

Quote from: Razgovory on October 25, 2011, 02:10:01 AM
I have to say, that weird grunting sound you guys make is unattractive.  Oh and I think some people in Russia speak a language similar to yours.

grunting? God damn have you heard slavs talk? Besides, this is a rap song FFS. If you judge a language based on their rapping, well, that's your problem.

And those people you mention are our distant relatives like the Finns. Similarity with Finns doesn't stop there, since they were conquered by the Russians a long time ago.
Not that you don't know that already, Basement Troll.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Quote from: The Brain on October 25, 2011, 02:26:19 AM
I know Finns. You are nothing like Finns.

You say that, but not only I was taken for a Finn by some gypos in Paris once, but I was taken for a Finn by an OLD GUY FROM HELSINKI who overheard me talking in English in Krakow.

The Brain

Quote from: Tamas on October 25, 2011, 02:36:38 AM
Quote from: The Brain on October 25, 2011, 02:26:19 AM
I know Finns. You are nothing like Finns.

You say that, but not only I was taken for a Finn by some gypos in Paris once, but I was taken for a Finn by an OLD GUY FROM HELSINKI who overheard me talking in English in Krakow.

Old Finns are invariably drunk. Doesn't prove a thing.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sahib

Eh, sounded kind of cute to me  :hmm:
Stonewall=Worst Mod ever

Valmy

Jesus, is that video recorded in Hungarian?  It sounds like baby talk.  Bar bar bar bar bar bar.  The Greeks were right. :)

Hungarian is one funky language.  It was weird seeing signs in roman letters and having zero idea what they were saying.  In Romance and Germanic language countries you can usually figure it out.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Hungarians living abroad?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on October 25, 2011, 08:43:35 AM

Hungarians living abroad?

Hungarians came from people speaking a group of languages in Northern Russia.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on October 25, 2011, 08:46:22 AM

Well I guess if you take this absurdity to its obvious conclusions Turks are also Russians.

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on October 25, 2011, 08:48:34 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 25, 2011, 08:46:22 AM

Well I guess if you take this absurdity to its obvious conclusions Turks are also Russians.

Good enough, though I think the original Turkic speakers in the 'Stans.

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on October 25, 2011, 08:42:59 AM

Hungarian is one funky language.  It was weird seeing signs in roman letters and having zero idea what they were saying.  In Romance and Germanic language countries you can usually figure it out.

Yep. On ad posters we loved to guess what the product in question was. Insurance? Tooth paste? No idea. It wasn't fun trying to operate a ticket vending machine for the subway when the instructions are only in Hungarian.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.