Bank of America Doomed? Puts taxpayers on the hook for Merrill’s derivatives

Started by jimmy olsen, October 20, 2011, 09:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Jacob on October 21, 2011, 01:26:33 PM
Isn't the crux of the matter whether that someone at the FDIC is correct to be pissed off?
Depends on your tolerance for taxpayer subsidies of investment risk.  I don't mind banks using their own money to cover their positions, as long as they eschew federal deposit insurance.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HisMajestyBOB

Then enjoy your debit card fees and bank bankruptcies :)
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Ed Anger

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on October 22, 2011, 06:57:13 PM
Then enjoy your debit card fees and bank bankruptcies :)

Really. None of my cards have fees, and the FDIC backs me up when a bank goes down.

Stop wetting your pants.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DontSayBanana

Experience bij!

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

garbon

It's Shame why the fuck does he need a reason that us mere mortals could understand?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: garbon on October 23, 2011, 12:02:00 AM
It's Shame why the fuck does he need a reason that us mere mortals could understand?

Your bitch switch seems to be stuck in the "on" position, Garb.  I was always a fan of the Oliver Wendell Jones strips.  Now kindly get back under your bridge.
Experience bij!

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: DontSayBanana on October 23, 2011, 08:19:19 AM

Your bitch switch seems to be stuck in the "on" position, Garb. 

How is that different from the usual?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

fhdz

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on October 22, 2011, 06:22:17 PM
In almost-related news, bank transfer day is Nov. 5 - switch to a credit union!

I have done the majority of my banking with a credit union for over a decade now. I love them. Lack of branches would be my only complaint; I have to drive quite a bit to make an in-branch deposit.

I'm also very interested to see what happens with these folks: https://banksimple.com/
and the horse you rode in on

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on October 23, 2011, 10:53:31 AM
Quote from: DontSayBanana on October 23, 2011, 08:19:19 AM

Your bitch switch seems to be stuck in the "on" position, Garb.

How is that different from the usual?

Sometimes you're funny.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017