Attention whoring for today: My diagnosis.

Started by Razgovory, April 25, 2009, 01:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grallon

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
QuoteMan Diagnosed With Meaningless Series of Consonants

:lol:

I move that a thread be pinned with the collected pearls PDH releases with such comforting regularity. ^_^

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Iormlund

Psychiatrists are morons.

Right after surgery I had a very hard time. Having to spend most of the day in the same position was a bitch. Back ache was killing me. It actually hurt more than the operated zone, even morphine didn't help.  I only slept for 2 hours or so during the first week, and that thanks to benzodiazepines. I routinely asked surgeons to up the dosage, but they were very reluctant to do so. In the end they called the shrinks.

So at last, one week after surgery, I'm alone in my room (my mate was being operated on that morning) and I finally fall asleep. And then the psychiatric morons show up. And guess what, they fucking wake me up and say: 'We're here to help you sleep'. I wish I was making that up.
But it gets even better. They start asking me all sorts of (I guess) standard questions until they say: 'Has anything out of the ordinary happened to you in the last two months?' And I'm like, 'Jesus fucking Christ, is this for real? Where do you think I am?' The only thing that prevents me from punching them in the face is I can't actually stand up on my own!

Razgovory

I was looking up stuff on this Schizotypal thingy and one of the pages had something on "A Confederacy of Dunces.  Which is really weird.  That book somewhat bothered me as I had to much in common with the main character (well not the bestiality fantasies).  I guess I'll have to read it again.  At least Reilly had a happy ending in the book.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Suicidal attempt records or it didn't happen.

Grey Fox

Quote from: syk on April 26, 2009, 02:40:28 AM
Dude, didn't you always tell others you were ill or something? #1 means you're strange, the 2nd means you need to get laid and isn't a real diagnosis at all. Dysthymia, my arse.

Seriously, all you problems could be fix by you find a girl that fancies you.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Nope.  Drugs are a better solution.  They will make him 'sicker' and thus require even more drugs, and pharmas will profit like crazy.  <_<
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

Quote from: Caliga on April 27, 2009, 06:42:18 AM
Nope.  Drugs are a better solution.  They will make him 'sicker' and thus require even more drugs, and pharmas will profit like crazy.  <_<

You need to work out Consultancy into the equation too.

Razgovory

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 27, 2009, 06:35:20 AM
Dude, didn't you always tell others you were ill or something? #1 means you're strange, the 2nd means you need to get laid and isn't a real diagnosis at all. Dysthymia, my arse.

Shame that the report states my situation essentially precludes that.  I can't even feel love. :(  I'm a monster.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grey Fox

Quote from: Razgovory on April 27, 2009, 07:11:47 AM

Shame that the report states my situation essentially precludes that.  I can't even feel love. :(  I'm a monster.

:rolleyes:

Love will come, when you see her with your dick in her mouth, love will come. Atleast something will.

Korea

I want my mother fucking points!

syk

If you sign the responsibility for your life over to a shrink who handed you a half-assed reason to stay in your basement, go ahead.
If these "diagnoses" are right you have a personality disorder, which is something that cannot be changed unless you leave your lovecraftian refuge. Just like the dysthymia. It's quite a natural thing to become sad and depressed when you've given up all the things others call a life, because: you don't have any fucking influence on anyfuckingthing.
In the name of Eugen Bleuler, get someone to kick your ass outside.

Korea

Quote from: syk on April 27, 2009, 08:39:14 AM

If you sign the responsibility for your life over to a shrink who handed you a half-assed reason to stay in your basement, go ahead.
If these "diagnoses" are right you have a personality disorder, which is something that cannot be changed unless you leave your lovecraftian refuge. Just like the dysthymia. It's quite a natural thing to become sad and depressed when you've given up all the things others call a life, because: you don't have any fucking influence on anyfuckingthing.
In the name of Eugen Bleuler, get someone to kick your ass outside.

Well, he did go see Watchmen with a friend.  I think he's taking positive steps forward.
I want my mother fucking points!

syk

saskganesh

bullshit. you have empathy.

... don't you?
humans were created in their own image

PDH

My limit is to post one news article I find per thread, but M. Klinger has one waiting for GF, I am sure...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM