Any of you watch the Republican debate from Las Vegas?

Started by Jacob, October 19, 2011, 12:47:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: alfred russel on October 20, 2011, 02:22:52 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 19, 2011, 11:17:27 PM
Romney's biggest strength in my eyes is that he's so disingenuous that he probably won't do anything he's saying he will do.

Think about that though. He is so transparently disingenuous that it is hard to even pretend that he stands for anything. Is that the kind of guy you want to be making tough decisions that come up?

Yes, I know that all politicians are like this to a degree.

Compared to the rest of those crazies?  Yes.  I'd rather have the guy who's the dishonest pragmatist then the genuinely nutter.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Razgovory on October 20, 2011, 04:38:43 PM
Compared to the rest of those crazies?  Yes.  I'd rather have the guy who's the dishonest pragmatist then the genuinely nutter.

Well, all you've established so far is that he's dishonest, not that he's a pragmatist also.  He may be a dishonest guy who makes decisions on the basis of nuttiness.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Sheilbh

Quote from: alfred russel on October 20, 2011, 02:22:52 PMThink about that though. He is so transparently disingenuous that it is hard to even pretend that he stands for anything. Is that the kind of guy you want to be making tough decisions that come up?

Yes, I know that all politicians are like this to a degree.
I can't think of any other politician whose base think that he doesn't believe anything he's said in the last 7 years.  He's the only politician whose entire campaign boils down to convincing people that he's actually a liar. 
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on October 20, 2011, 03:40:28 PM
Unemployed?
It's how he described himself in the most awkward Romney moment since his 'who let the dog's out' sing-a-long :bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on October 20, 2011, 05:29:19 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 20, 2011, 04:38:43 PM

Well, all you've established so far is that he's dishonest, not that he's a pragmatist also.  He may be a dishonest guy who makes decisions on the basis of nuttiness.

Well, he's a dishonest pragmatist.  I'm establishing that now.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017