News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

FM 2012

Started by The Larch, October 20, 2011, 12:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

BTW, the Steam version is apparently costing something like 50 €. Mmm, maybe a bit pricey right now...

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Pedrito

Quote from: The Larch on October 21, 2011, 08:41:21 AM
BTW, the Steam version is apparently costing something like 50 €. Mmm, maybe a bit pricey right now...
Quote49,99 €, the download is about 2.3 gigs. If you have a fast connection, in half an hour you're done.

:contract:
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

The Larch

Quote from: Pedrito on October 21, 2011, 12:45:23 PM
Quote from: The Larch on October 21, 2011, 08:41:21 AM
Quote49,99 €, the download is about 2.3 gigs. If you have a fast connection, in half an hour you're done.

:contract:

Yes, I realized that afterwards.  :Embarrass:

Josephus

Downloaded. Playing.
I'm one of the "every two years" people, so I never played 2011. And I haven't played FM since about May, so I'm a bit rusty and in a learning phase. But I like what I see.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

Bought it. Have to go to work in 3 hours though, must remember to set the alarm. :p
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

FunkMonk

Ok so I caved in and bought it now.  :Embarrass:

I decided to purchase this in lieu of Uncharted 3. I figure I'll just buy a used copy of that around Christmas for $40. There are trophies to be won now, not later!
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Liep

"Game currently not available", never had that before on Steam. :S
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Viking

OK, I don't have it yet...

why? well... because I'm in the middle of a fantastic 2011 game where I've gone Rosenborg-Bologna-Sevilla-Barcelona.

It's really wierd being Barca, since having one of the top 10 players in that position in the world as your first choice means that your AssMan thinks that is the part of the squad that need improving. Being in 5th position in the spanish league means that players start complaining that the club is underperforming in the league. The fans bitch when I don't beat some no-name club 5-0.

Then again, I have the cash and reputation to have my reserve squad qualify for europe if it got to compete in spain.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josephus

Quote from: Liep on October 27, 2011, 08:46:21 AM

Looks like a major steam issue with an update. :mad:
Civis Romanus Sum

Liep

Quote from: Josephus on October 27, 2011, 11:01:43 AM
Quote from: Liep on October 27, 2011, 08:46:21 AM

Looks like a major steam issue with an update. :mad:

I validated the local cache twice (as per steamforum suggestion), the last time it updated 5 files and now it works fine.

Josquius

Quote from: Viking on October 21, 2011, 02:21:40 AM
I've met people who

A) purchase every second edition of FM
B) don't update because they don't want to "get divorced"/"lose their job"

I don't understand people like that.
I'm certainly in A. Maybe every third even. Ever since I was a kid I've hated fifa and the like with their minor yearly improvements and recent squads.

B...yeah, I fit into that a little too. FM is so time consuming and ultimately unrewarding. Always so similar.

Last one I got was...2010 I think? Maybe 2009.
This one...we'll see. Not top of my list right now. Free time is rare for me.
██████
██████
██████

Pedrito

First patch already out  :glare:

It's 63 mb.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Liep

Is that the 12.0.3? Or is there a new patch to fuck up steam again?

Josephus

Nah, I think i's the same one.
Civis Romanus Sum