Pat Robertson: GOP Getting "Too Extreme" To Win Election

Started by jimmy olsen, October 25, 2011, 09:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

When Pat Robertson calls you out on extremism you know something has gone wrong somewhere.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/25/pat-robertson-comments-gop_n_1030534.html

On his show "The 700 Club," televangelist Pat Robertson commented on the views of the GOP, calling them a bit too extreme.

Robertson quoted Lyndon Johnson: "Don't these people realize that if they push me over to an extreme position, I'll lose the election?"

The notoriously controversial Christian figure mentioned that if candidates venture into heavily radical territory, it could cost Republicans the general election.

"Those people in the Republican primary have got to lay off of this stuff," he exclaimed. "If they want to lose, this is the game for losers."
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Not that remarkable, the candidates are focusing on radical economic changes rather than moral issues.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

This story would be better if we were told exactly what Robertson considers extreme.  I'm not sure exactly wants, does he want them to hold these extreme views secretly, pretend to be moderate, and then enact the extreme positions?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017