News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Uncharted Waters Online

Started by Grallon, March 18, 2011, 04:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Why don't you get one of those gorgeous French ships of the line?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Grallon

Quote from: Berkut on August 05, 2011, 07:07:36 PM
Why don't you get one of those gorgeous French ships of the line?

Because they require lvl 52 maritime to sail... and I dislike that particular grind.  For a time Netmarble was giving one such 'vaisseau' that a lvl 12 maritime could sail in the cash shop lottery but I didn't buy enough tickets to win one.  One of my company mates offered to sell me theone he won for 100 millions...  Which I find way too overpriced.  I'm told the going rate for those is now 250-400 M.  Greed is a powerful magnet in this game.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Grallon

My newest ship:  a Large Trading Schooner - as large a hold as the Trading Clipper but faster.  Another step towards the Super Large Clipper - even faster and with a much larger hold.  But one needs trade lvl 64 to sail it.

Incidentally, the latest update introduced : Free Style Shipbuilding.

And very soon now East Asia will be opened.

G.
-----
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Grallon

And here another view after I changed the sail painting and the sails configuration.  Notice the Japanese Imperial Navy motif on the sails.  ^_^

G.
-----

~Jean-François Revel

Habbaku

Quote from: Grallon on August 06, 2011, 09:40:37 AM
Greed is a powerful magnet in this game.

In a game about colonizing the New World and trading for profit, nevermind piracy?  Those bastards!  :mad:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Drakken

So, what's new? Do Dungeon Ruins now work?

Grallon

Quote from: Drakken on September 20, 2011, 09:39:04 AM

New ships, the free style shipbuilding, interface changes.  Dungeons still haven't been added.  However they're gearing up to add East Asia so most likely it will be then.

G.

~Jean-François Revel

Drakken

Quote from: Grallon on September 20, 2011, 11:03:24 AM

New ships, the free style shipbuilding, interface changes.  Dungeons still haven't been added.  However they're gearing up to add East Asia so most likely it will be then.

G.

Any release date announced? From what I see only the Aztec and Ottoman expansions have been released.

Too bad access to the bot-lands (China, Korea, Japan) will never been given.

Grallon

Quote from: Drakken on September 20, 2011, 12:45:46 PM
Quote from: Grallon on September 20, 2011, 11:03:24 AM

G.

Any release date announced? From what I see only the Aztec and Ottoman expansions have been released.

Too bad access to the bot-lands (China, Korea, Japan) will never been given.

Too bad?  You're not serious!?  The so called 'International Server' is plagued with hordes of peoples from these countries - they're the ones running the scam shops, the gold digging and selling, the abuse of the economic system, etc...  And Netmarble knows this since they pander to them with the whole 'Pay-to-Win' approach.  <_<

G.

~Jean-François Revel

Drakken

Quote from: Grallon on September 20, 2011, 02:17:13 PM

Too bad?  You're not serious!?  The so called 'International Server' is plagued with hordes of peoples from these countries - they're the ones running the scam shops, the gold digging and selling, the abuse of the economic system, etc...  And Netmarble knows this since they pander to them with the whole 'Pay-to-Win' approach.  <_<

G.

How about having two servers then, one for us innocent Western civilization new players, and another one for the Korean bots?

WoT does it, they have multiple exclusive servers. I'm sure UWO can do it as well.

Josquius

Wake me when theres a new SP Uncharted Waters
██████
██████
██████

Grallon

Incidentally, I ran into an English character called 'CountDeMoney' while I was shopping for sails in London the other day.  Money is that you?  Do you play as well?

G.

~Jean-François Revel