Gilad Shalit to be exchanged for 1000 palestinian prisoners.

Started by Viking, October 11, 2011, 04:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cecil

I assume this has nothing to do with getting back at Palestinian government in WB for that UN thing? They stand to loose major face over this.

Martinus

Viking

Quote from: Martinus on October 18, 2011, 03:55:58 PM
To me this seems like the right thing to do.

Can you explain that with regards to

- releasing criminals as if they were POWs
- releasing unrepentant killers
- the high likelyhood of the most violent of the released palestinians being able to murder more civilians
- the fresh incentives for palestinians to attempt to capture more IDF draftees, the disincentives for palestinians (israeli prison) being removed for putitative murderers and the incentive for IDF personnel to shoot to kill rather than attempt to capture terrorist suspects
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Neil

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 18, 2011, 10:32:31 AM
Today's for being hapy for the family, worry about the consequences tomorrow.
I don't know the family.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: Viking on October 18, 2011, 04:01:44 PM
Quote from: Martinus on October 18, 2011, 03:55:58 PM
To me this seems like the right thing to do.

Can you explain that with regards to

- releasing criminals as if they were POWs
- releasing unrepentant killers
- the high likelyhood of the most violent of the released palestinians being able to murder more civilians
- the fresh incentives for palestinians to attempt to capture more IDF draftees, the disincentives for palestinians (israeli prison) being removed for putitative murderers and the incentive for IDF personnel to shoot to kill rather than attempt to capture terrorist suspects

He's a Pole, remember?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

I was listening to this story on the way back from St. Louis and thought, "wouldn't it be neat if they put little sub-dermal transponders on each of them for the next time they do some 'targeted killings'".  Is that possible?  Cause that would be really cool.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Quote from: Razgovory on October 18, 2011, 05:17:28 PM
I was listening to this story on the way back from St. Louis and thought, "wouldn't it be neat if they put little sub-dermal transponders on each of them for the next time they do some 'targeted killings'".  Is that possible?  Cause that would be really cool.
Yep.  It's what I would do if I was the HNIC in Israel (Netanyahu, right?)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on October 18, 2011, 08:24:33 PM

Hockey Night In Canada In Israel??? :wacko:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Viking

Quote from: Barrister on October 18, 2011, 10:10:10 PM

Head Nigga In Charge

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=HNIC

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Barrister

Quote from: Viking on October 18, 2011, 10:16:17 PM
Quote from: Barrister on October 18, 2011, 10:10:10 PM

Head Nigga In Charge

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=HNIC

:frusty:

I'm well aware of that acronym.  I was merely pointing out that north of the 49th, HNIC has a completely different meaning.

PRC

Barrister

DGuller

:hmm: That's actually an even better idea that my slow-acting poison idea.

Viking

Quote from: DGuller on October 18, 2011, 11:19:21 PM
:hmm: That's actually an even better idea that my slow-acting poison idea.

When I first saw Shalit after his release my gut feeling told me he was somehow sick.