News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Occupy Boston? What is this?

Started by viper37, October 11, 2011, 04:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Is this an off-shoot of "Occupy Wal-Street"?  Same kind of people for same reasons?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Ideologue

Quote from: viper37 on October 11, 2011, 04:26:43 PM
Is this an off-shoot of "Occupy Wal-Street"?  Same kind of people for same reasons?

Yes.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josephus

think it's happenign all over the country, no?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

DGuller

Seems like every city is in revolt these day.  Now Obama knows what 1880ies feel like in Vicky 2.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HisMajestyBOB

Will the Liberal revolters result in a Reactionary government in power?
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Ideologue

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on October 11, 2011, 05:36:06 PM

Too bad real life rebels aren't like in EU2, or we'd pop up with the highest land tech in our group and with our sliders maxed to offensive.  Occupying Wall Street is easier with tanks and +1 shock.
Kinemalogue

Capetan Mihali

I was supposed to tag along on Monday, but my train got stranded in Conn. since a drawbridge got stuck in the up position.   :wacko:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Ideologue on October 11, 2011, 10:53:14 PM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on October 11, 2011, 05:36:06 PM

Too bad real life rebels aren't like in EU2, or we'd pop up with the highest land tech in our group and with our sliders maxed to offensive.  Occupying Wall Street is easier with tanks and +1 shock.

Unfortunately the revolters would be just as likely to march north into Canada as they would to march south to DC.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

fhdz

The folks protesting here in Portland had a run-in with the Portland Marathoners, as the main protest site was right in the marathon's path. Pretty lulzy.
and the horse you rode in on