Swine Flue outbreak in Mexico, US; 20 confirmed dead.

Started by Syt, April 25, 2009, 04:38:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Weatherman on April 29, 2009, 10:19:35 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on April 29, 2009, 10:03:45 PM
If I am sick and I am going to travel, I'll take some sleeping pills and fever reducers with me.  A large dose of coffee (or whatever keeps you awake) 30 minutes before you step into the airport.  Ground crew may refuse people from checking in if they suspect that you are sick.  That's the first check.  Immediately when I sit down on the plane, I'll take a sleeping pill.  That significantly reduces the chance that I sleeze and cough on the plane.  Just before landing, I'll take the fever reducer to fool the body temperature detectors at the airport.

So you'd have no problems with the fact that you'd be infecting people?
Never trust a Chinaman.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Monoriu

I don't want to be qurantined just because I have normal flu.  But that scenario seems increasingly likely, given the hysteria. 

Weatherman

Quote from: Monoriu on April 29, 2009, 10:25:03 PM
I don't want to be qurantined just because I have normal flu.  But that scenario seems increasingly likely, given the hysteria.

Then don't travel if you're sick even with the regular flu; sick people on airplanes make the flight miserable for everyone.

Monoriu

HK government just qurantined a girl, who flew in from Paris.  She became ill on the plane, and we took her straight to the hospital dedicated to swine flu. 

Could be our first case.

katmai

Get back to me when it's a full blown epidemic or these people who die start rising from the dead.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Kleves

It has spread to Washington; 6 probable cases here so far.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Admiral Yi

Just heard on BBC that the European Commission is calling it "Novel Flu" or "Mexican Flu" in order to not depress pork sales. :lmfao:

katmai

katmai

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 29, 2009, 11:33:32 PM
Quote from: katmai on April 29, 2009, 11:32:16 PM
Damn EC <_<
Go back home you damn dirty novelist.

Hey just cause Lettow insists i'm Mexican, I'm 3rd generation born in this country thank you very much.

Weatherman

Quote from: katmai on April 29, 2009, 11:32:16 PM

Hey just cause Lettow insists i'm Mexican, I'm 3rd generation born in this country thank you very much.

So stop stealing siege's sunglasses already.

Darth Wagtaros

Its in Lowell now! And I have a sore throat!!!!!!!! Oh noes!
PDH!

Ed Anger

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on April 30, 2009, 06:20:11 AM
Its in Lowell now! And I have a sore throat!!!!!!!! Oh noes!

Can I have your Mp3 player?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Darth Wagtaros

Its a 20 dollar Sandisk. I always assumed it would just melt one day.
PDH!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive