Alex Salmond to let 16-year-olds vote in bid to secure independence

Started by jimmy olsen, October 10, 2011, 01:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: viper37 on October 11, 2011, 04:34:50 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 11, 2011, 03:18:38 PM
In this age of mass transit and communication, nations and peoples should be uniting into greater unions, not splintering apart. The former would promote peace and prosperity, while the latter will only result in the spread of poverty and war.
So you can see the logic in a greater Saudi Arabia that would include Israel?  'Cause I don't.  Of course you prevent war!  Duh.  It's not a war when you slaughter civilians who won't fit the mold.  WWII started in 1939, but before that, there were no casualties?  C'mon.  You're brighter than this. Raz&Ide, I get it.  But you?

Look at Europe.  They're trying for a big country.  With lots of different people.  They so wanted this big country, for peace&prosperity that they closed their eyes on Greece cheating in its entry application.  It was more important to build the foundation of a new country than to ask questions on how Greece solve its debt&deficit problem in 2 years.  Look where they are now.  They're even dragging us with them.

What the hell are you going on about?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on October 11, 2011, 06:27:37 PM
What the hell are you going on about?

When people speak against independence, his brain breaks. He used to do a similar number about homosexuality but now he wisely keeps his trap shut.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

viper37

Quote from: garbon on October 11, 2011, 06:52:04 PM
When people speak against independence, his brain breaks.
I don't understand how people who believe independance is silly never apply this concept to themselves.
No one is willing to abandon the sovereignty of their country, yet, they believe anyone seeking independance is mad.  It is an odd concept to grasp, you have to admit that.

As for the issue homosexuality... Well, forget it.  You guys tend to go crazy whenever we discuss this.  You start inventing things, like you just did.  Supporting gay marriage is apparently not enough; nowadays, if you don't say you want a cock in your ass, you're homophobic.  So be it, I shall be the anti-gay then.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Ideologue

Quote from: viper37 on October 11, 2011, 07:31:55 PM
I don't understand how people who believe independance is silly never apply this concept to themselves.
No one is willing to abandon the sovereignty of their country, yet, they believe anyone seeking independance is mad.  It is an odd concept to grasp, you have to admit that,

Of course I am.  You don't read well.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

viper37

Quote from: Ideologue on October 11, 2011, 07:34:14 PM
well you propose an alliance of all anglos.  Not the creation of one big country for all culture.  Or one where english-speakers would be a minority.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

No one is willing to abandon the sovereignty of their country, yet, they believe anyone seeking independance is mad.  It is an odd concept to grasp, you have to admit that,

Er, I don't care if you seek independence, so long as it's done in a lawful way.  I took issue with your petty and vindictive policies to communicate the superiority of your ethnic group over others.

Would you support independence for First Nations in Quebec?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on October 11, 2011, 07:46:43 PM
Er, I don't care if you seek independence, so long as it's done in a lawful way.
You fooled me!

QuoteI took issue with your petty and vindictive policies to communicate the superiority of your ethnic group over others.
Did we?  Really?  I can't remember when we did that.  We prevented the English from having their schools?  No, we didn't do that.  We forced them to convert to Catholicism?  No, didn't even try.  Ah, I got it: we deported them.  No, we didn't do that either.
I still fail to see what you're babbling about.

Wich one?  For wich territory?  They don't form a single nation over a well defined territory.  There are multiple nations over multiple territories.
Many deals were put in place with them regarding the sovereignty of their areas, control of natural resources, and no policemen dare to enter a Mohawk reservation.
Most of the nations today abandoned their claim in exchange of money over the years.  Last deal was struck 9 years ago for a few billion dollars.

viper37

Quote from: Neil on October 11, 2011, 07:45:46 PM
Gays are not people.
it's ok, they love you still.  Somehow, they decided I'm the bad one.  I'm gonna cry tonight because of Garbon.  :cry:

garbon

nowadays, if you don't say you want a cock in your ass, you're homophobic.  So be it, I shall be the anti-gay then.

:lol:

So Marti is homophobic then? ^_^
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: viper37 on October 11, 2011, 07:57:27 PM
Quote from: Neil on October 11, 2011, 07:45:46 PM
Gays are not people.
it's ok, they love you still.  Somehow, they decided I'm the bad one.  I'm gonna cry tonight because of Garbon.  :cry:

Oh buck up. Don't be such a fag.

garbon

There weren't any natives when the french came over, silly.

Razgovory

Quote from: viper37 on October 11, 2011, 07:56:31 PM
Er, I don't care if you seek independence, so long as it's done in a lawful way.
You fooled me!

QuoteI took issue with your petty and vindictive policies to communicate the superiority of your ethnic group over others.
Did we?  Really?  I can't remember when we did that.  We prevented the English from having their schools?  No, we didn't do that.  We forced them to convert to Catholicism?  No, didn't even try.  Ah, I got it: we deported them.  No, we didn't do that either.
I still fail to see what you're babbling about.

Wich one?  For wich territory?  They don't form a single nation over a well defined territory.  There are multiple nations over multiple territories.
Many deals were put in place with them regarding the sovereignty of their areas, control of natural resources, and no policemen dare to enter a Mohawk reservation.
Most of the nations today abandoned their claim in exchange of money over the years.  Last deal was struck 9 years ago for a few billion dollars.

Clearly you are easily fooled.  Your language policies communicate superiority over other groups.  Why aren't First Nation languages protected in Quebec?

All the First Nation in Quebec!  They could have a bunch of little countries.  Francophones could have the St. Lawrence river valley (since there weren't any Indians there), the Indians can have the rest.  You know, to protect their cultural distinctiveness.

Ideologue

Quote from: viper37 on October 11, 2011, 07:42:06 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on October 11, 2011, 07:34:14 PM
well you propose an alliance of all anglos.  Not the creation of one big country for all culture.  Or one where english-speakers would be a minority.

An Anglo Union would simply be righting a historical wrong (American independence).

But I'm flexible.  The opportunity to join the European Union would suit just as well (which a union of the Anglo countries under the auspices of the United Kingdom would achieve by default, although obviously it'd probably break the EU entirely, since the outnumbering thing?  Not by my count).

Actually, even in a world state that let anyone in, English speakers would still form a plurality.  Over 400 million native speakers, some 2 billion total.  The language of world administration would not be Belgianese.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on October 11, 2011, 08:26:15 PM
The language of world administration would not be Belgianese.

You jest but let's just suppose that everyone would speak that...:crafty: