News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Uncle Herman Speaks:

Started by Jaron, October 09, 2011, 06:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Viking on October 10, 2011, 02:50:00 PM
He referred to some mitigating factors. He just implied that these mitigating factors were sufficient to make up the difference. He did not do the math (with publicly available statistics) to demonstrate that the mitigating factors were actually sufficient to make up the difference.

Gotcha.

Razgovory

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 10, 2011, 02:51:02 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 10, 2011, 08:26:08 AM
Aren't you a Herman fanboy or something?  Were you the one who said how impressive he was?

he does have the most impressive resume of any non-Mormon candidate.

In that he never screwed up anything in public office?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

ulmont

Quote from: Viking on October 10, 2011, 02:31:31 PM
dixiecrat =/= democrat

Yeah, it means "Republican," at least for the last 20 years.  Realignment is over and done; ticket-splitting is a thing of the past.

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 10, 2011, 03:01:44 PM
However, my contention doesn't go that far. I'd agree that Republicans have a plurality of voters in the South. But not a majority. Independents form the balance here same as everywhere else.

I'll accept that.  Of course, you realize that most "Independents" consistently vote for one or the other of the two major parties...