News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

AGEOD's Rise of Prussia officially announced

Started by Syt, April 25, 2009, 02:50:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

http://www.ageod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14064
QuoteRise of Prussia (Fredericus Rex 1756-1763)

is the new game from AGEOD, following the successful historical strategy videogames
Birth of America, AGEOD's American Civil War, Napoleon's Campaigns and Wars in America 1750-1815.
Rise of Prussia covers the Seven Years War (1757-1763) in Europe.

The game enjoys ALL the features and improvements of previous AGEOD games, in addition to
a wealth of new features that will be revealed between now and the release of the game.

Need examples ?

Brand new system of Construction of Units, allowing players to choose and purchase their forces as they wish (or can afford) during the annual and grand campaigns.

New system of historical events, allowing multiple choices events and answers, hereby enhancing flexibility and re-playability.

Historical Background:
The Seven Years War was the first global conflict. It had two main fronts :

* The first, in Europe, centering on the hostility between Prussia and Austria (still simmering after the War of the Austrian Succession) expanded through alliances to include all of Europe.
    * The second front involved the colonial rivalries between Britain, France and Spain, known in America as the French and Indian War (Cf. Wars in America©).

The Seven Years War started with a flurry of diplomatic activity which resulted in a diplomatic revolution and the reversal of the alliances of the War of the Austrian Succession.

First Britain and Prussia formed an alliance (January 1756), followed by France and Austria, who had previously been traditional enemies. The fighting started with Frederick II of Prussia's invasion and defeat of Saxony (August-October 1756), although the main European conflict did not start until the following year.

Minimum System Requirements:

* DirectX 9.0c or more
    * Processor : Pentium® IV 1800+ MHz
    * 2GB free space on hard disk
    * 1024 MB RAM
    * Video card : 128 MB
    * DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
    * Screen resolution : 1024 x 768 or more

Re: American Front:
QuoteOnly via 'flavor events' that keep you posted on the news

Map:
QuoteMap is limited to Eastern edge of France to Western edge of Russia, Northern edge of Austria to the Southern tip of Scandanavia.

Scenarios are still being developed
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Regarding the map: so it will be like computerized Clash of Monarchs. Excellent! Can't wait.

Ed Anger

:)

I'd kill for Napoleon's Campaign's 2, with building units. I'd give a Davout a super corps. :menace:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 25, 2009, 08:52:59 AM
:)

I'd kill for Napoleon's Campaign's 2, with building units. I'd give a Davout a super corps. :menace:

Ask Habba what he thinks of Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition, because you could do just that there. Haven't clocked enough game time on it to comment.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Zanza

They should have a scenario on the Austrian War of Succession too.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Habbaku

This is out, apparently.  Anyone buying?  Only $29.95 via Gamer's Gate.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Jaron

I don't know anyone who has bought it, but I do know someone who has acquired it via other means.. ;)
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Tamas

Quote from: Jaron on March 19, 2010, 01:09:44 AM
I don't know anyone who has bought it, but I do know someone who has acquired it via other means.. ;)

Goddamit boy, I have bought it.

And I like it, as I said in the "what are you playing" thread: ACW's complexity and size with a europe-wide conflict and better interface. The AI can hold his ground, too.

Viking

Quote from: Tamas on March 19, 2010, 03:18:13 AM
Quote from: Jaron on March 19, 2010, 01:09:44 AM

Goddamit boy, I have bought it.

And I like it, as I said in the "what are you playing" thread: ACW's complexity and size with a europe-wide conflict and better interface. The AI can hold his ground, too.

LOL! Did the Grenzers: Get home before christmas?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.