And we're back!

Main Menu

ADHD or Victoria 2 Gets an Expansion

Started by Habbaku, October 02, 2011, 07:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaius Marius

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 10, 2011, 12:06:27 PM
Quote from: AnchorClanker on October 07, 2011, 04:11:23 PM
Please quit building sailing ship factories in 1890.  I'd prefer liquor or something else please.   :mad:

Agreed, nothing worse than a sober sailor.

Ideally, I want both. Or rather, I want whatever is in demand to be built. Again. Ideally, everything could be made to stay in demand. Even clippers, which could still transition into other things than a mainstay of the navy. But then, I just mod things and make the best suggestions that come out of modding. As  I suggested in my reply to garbon, its my own preferences that get put into my suggestions.

While we are on the subject of ideally, ideally i'll see the lot of you applying if Paradox decides to have some kinda recruiting process for a new beta. Nothing cures a case of backseat beta testing better than spending time inside the wire. And hey, some of you clearly know what you're talking about for this historical time period, we can use all the help we can get with our modding guru from V1 OHgamer on the MIA list.
First Man in Rome

DGuller

OHgamer is MIA? :w00t: You sure know how to perk Languish's ears up.

Fireblade

Quote from: Gaius Marius on October 14, 2011, 04:46:12 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 06, 2011, 03:21:57 PM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on October 06, 2011, 02:37:05 PM

There were also Unionist holdouts in the South. Not very many IIRC.

East Tennessee was.  In most of the South they weren't very vocal because of the confederate policy of brutally murdering anyone who disagreed with them.

ET and West Virginia were the big places. Worth noting that eventually union regiments were formed from every southern state except SC, if what I recall reading somewhere was correct. Not sure if most of them woulda been black regiments though.

Generally, mountains = Unionism. Northwest Arkansas was a big Unionist stronghold, too. Most of the Civil War here consisted of hillbillies up in the mountains raiding cotton plantations down in the lowlands, with the occasional Yankee army marching through without resistance fucking shit up.

Drakken

I like the new War Justification system.

DGuller

Are there any mods for Vicky 2 as it is now worth playing?  Preferably mods that unfuck some of the broken dynamics, rather than the one that adds a "Croatian takes a leak in the Serbian public bathroom" event?

Warspite

Quote from: DGuller on October 14, 2011, 11:33:24 AM
Are there any mods for Vicky 2 as it is now worth playing?  Preferably mods that unfuck some of the broken dynamics, rather than the one that adds a "Croatian takes a leak in the Serbian public bathroom" event?

Do you know how many hours of research I put into that damn event?
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on October 14, 2011, 07:54:47 AM

His music sucks.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Gaius Marius

Quote from: DGuller on October 14, 2011, 07:54:47 AM

Yes, i'm well aware that you guys only know the OT mod OHgamer who Paradox tells to ban people for stepping outta line by the tiniest fraction. But OHgamer the modder and betatester is invaluable to have on the team. I could never have "remade" (insofar as was possible) Victoria Revolutions campaign after campaign to keep the interest of my MP community without many questions and answers exchanged with him about anything and everything.

First Man in Rome

Gaius Marius

PDM probably has more balance issues than vanilla has, or will have soon, since they're mucking about with all kinds of province and resource changes. But Naselus understands the game and i suspect the current PDM is eminently playable for a singleplayer run. Not so much for multiplayer, last time anyone in my community tried a campaign with it they concluded the extra OOS that suddenly appeared was due to the sheer number of new country events and decisions. Of course, i'm not as down on the current 1.4b as most are, probably the effect of insider info. A few significant issues relating to assimilation, nationalist rebels and bureaucrat bloat, but otherwise the vanilla system is about as working as intended as it it meant to be.

Myself, i'm working on a new version of my modifications package that we've been using in the last few campaigns. I've been working on improving it both for SP and MP, particularly with regards to restricting the money supply and improving the AI's choices in tech research. I've put a focus on balancing promotion and demotion by factors and limiting unemployment. I've even generated a demand for steel without adding any new factories. I'm not really a fan of the economy being based mostly on either promotion (the current version of mod, which I was compelled to implement), or demotion (the vanilla system) But i'm just an amateur yet. Got lots of interesting new inventions though, some different ones from PDM even.

Too much bantering though. If any of you would like to pick up an ongoing game, we have a few un-annexed nations in south america and such that might prove playable still (enforcing an infamy limit house rule does wonders!)
First Man in Rome

Threviel

Habbaku

Hopefully drowned in a barrel of pink dye.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Faeelin

The Pop Demand Mod does a pretty good job, although the developer's got some IMO biases.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Faeelin on October 15, 2011, 07:16:11 PM
The Pop Demand Mod does a pretty good job, although the developer's got some IMO biases.

Such as . . .
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Gaius Marius

Quote from: Threviel on October 15, 2011, 10:23:10 AM
So, what happened to OHGamer?

I think real life simply took over his paradoxing time.
First Man in Rome

Faeelin

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 17, 2011, 10:36:52 AM
Quote from: Faeelin on October 15, 2011, 07:16:11 PM

Such as . . .

The most obvious examples are that America never industrializes to anything near its OTL equivalent, and that the author thinks the Ottoman Empire was a decrepit wreck from 1836 until 1918.. But it makes the game fun, which is a damn improvement over vanilla Viccy 2.