News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

ADHD or Victoria 2 Gets an Expansion

Started by Habbaku, October 02, 2011, 07:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakken

Quote from: Faeelin on October 21, 2011, 08:10:34 AM

The most obvious examples are that America never industrializes to anything near its OTL equivalent, and that the author thinks the Ottoman Empire was a decrepit wreck from 1836 until 1918.. But it makes the game fun, which is a damn improvement over vanilla Viccy 2.

You mean the Ottoman Empire wasn't a decrepit wreck from 1836 to 1918? Call me inquisitive.

garbon

Quote from: Drakken on October 21, 2011, 12:14:21 PM

The most obvious examples are that America never industrializes to anything near its OTL equivalent, and that the author thinks the Ottoman Empire was a decrepit wreck from 1836 until 1918.. But it makes the game fun, which is a damn improvement over vanilla Viccy 2.

You mean the Ottoman Empire wasn't a decrepit wreck from 1836 to 1918? Call me inquisitive.

Hey, Inquisitive!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Threviel

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Gaius Marius

Not good for those of us who are into modding Pdox games, as he's an excellent and persistent advocate of making as many features moddable as possible.
First Man in Rome

Neil

Find an advocate that's not a total cunt.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Fireblade

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 17, 2011, 10:36:52 AM
Quote from: Faeelin on October 15, 2011, 07:16:11 PM
The Pop Demand Mod does a pretty good job, although the developer's got some IMO biases.

Such as . . .

The problem is (and this is with V1 and vanilla V2) that only California draws immigrants for the USA. All the places that actually HAD immigrants (New York, Boston, Philly/Pittsburg, and Chicago) don't get shit once America acquires Cali and the immigrants start flooding in. If I weren't totally over Vicky, I'd mod some events that would drastically lower California's draw for immigrants and keep those areas sky-high. I mean, California had the gold rush, but it didn't start getting tons and tons of people until the Great Depression and WW2.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Faeelin

Hrm. Anyone at Gallipoli we can ask about the decrepit Ottomans?

Habbaku

Quote from: Faeelin on October 25, 2011, 09:04:14 PM

:huh:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Razgovory

I think they still lost that war.  And the one before that.  And the one before that...
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

szmik

Quote from: Razgovory on October 25, 2011, 09:31:55 PM

I think they still lost that war.  And the one before that.  And the one before that...

Germany lost last war. And the one before that...

it doesn't say anything about being such a state
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Razgovory

Oh, I think it does.  The Nazi state was deeply dysfunctional.  It's not like Germany lost the two world wars due to an act of God.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Wow they held some ground in WWI.  If you were willing to sacrifice tons of your people to do it that was no large task...I mean unless you are Romania.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."