News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Any fans of industrial/electro music?

Started by viper37, October 02, 2011, 04:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

My youngest cousin is the singer of this band, he has released his first album.
Band site is here:
http://www.myspace.com/nitronoisemusic

I'd like you toughts: is it any good?  I don't know that shit, really... I'm more the metal kind.

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Slargos

With that stuff, if you've heard one tune you've more or less heard them all. But I guess as far as I can say, it doesn't sound horrible. I could certainly imagine it working as movie music for instance.

Ideologue

I like this kind of shit a little more melodic and joyful.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

viper37

Quote from: Slargos on October 02, 2011, 05:34:30 PM
With that stuff, if you've heard one tune you've more or less heard them all.
I tried explaining that, I was told I was "ignorant" :D

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

garbon

I don't understand why one would "sing" like that over those dance beats.  But yeah, I could see it working in a movie/tv show for some goth club. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Should have sampled somebody's else voice instead.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Slargos

Quote from: garbon on October 02, 2011, 06:54:23 PM
I don't understand why one would "sing" like that over those dance beats.  But yeah, I could see it working in a movie/tv show for some goth club. :D
Exactly what I was thinking.  :D

viper37

Goth club is what they're aiming at, or stuff like that.
It's apparently very popular in Europe, but barely known in here.  There is one big music festival with bands like this in Montreal, but there's not a ton of people going there, actually, less than the average club in Montreal, even though it's supposedly the most popular bands attending the festival.

rufweed

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

viper37

Josquius

Yeah, for music myspace is still big.
But lol at their copyright notices about the place.

Its...bizzare. Not so dancy yet its got a beat which suggests it should be. I'm totally unfamiliar with the genre so all I can come up with in comparison is Ramnstein/
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Quote from: viper37 on October 02, 2011, 04:09:52 PM
My youngest cousin is the singer of this band, he has released his first album.
Band site is here:
http://www.myspace.com/nitronoisemusic

I'd like you toughts: is it any good?  I don't know that shit, really... I'm more the metal kind.

I think it's not too bad, if maybe a bit conventional. I'll send the link to friends of mine who know this music a bit better than I do.

For people interested in the broad genre:
http://www.last.fm/tag/ebm?ac=ebm
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Quote from: viper37 on October 03, 2011, 09:03:49 AM
Goth club is what they're aiming at, or stuff like that.
It's apparently very popular in Europe, but barely known in here.  There is one big music festival with bands like this in Montreal, but there's not a ton of people going there, actually, less than the average club in Montreal, even though it's supposedly the most popular bands attending the festival.

Wave Gotik Treffen in Leipzig is big, unfortunately it draws a bit too many neofolk/nazi bands these days. I don't mind the uniform fetish a lot of them have, but there's quite a few cryptofascists in the scene.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.