News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Almost here!!

Started by 11B4V, September 28, 2011, 07:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

The 358 and Brenneke cleaned, oiled and ready to go.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Octavian

Quote from: 11B4V on September 29, 2011, 09:37:28 PM

Now you are ready to begin Operation Endearing Freedom.
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Octavian on September 30, 2011, 03:41:09 AM

You mean Operation Endeering Freedom. lolz.

Octavian

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 30, 2011, 06:06:57 AM
Quote from: Octavian on September 30, 2011, 03:41:09 AM

You mean Operation Endeering Freedom. lolz.

Lolz yes...I fail
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Siege

Kosher hunting is hard.
I have to get to my prey before it dies to cut its throat and spill its blood.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

AnchorClanker

Quote from: Siege on September 30, 2011, 03:24:10 PM
Kosher hunting is hard.

Didn't the Turkish Brigade do that for fun during the Korean War?   :contract:   :lol:
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Octavian

Quote from: Siege on September 30, 2011, 03:24:10 PM
Kosher hunting is hard.

Why risk being shot doing that?

- Eyal Yanilov.

- Bruce Lee

Barrister

Hey 11B - I have a pound of ground elk sitting in my freezer - what should I do with it?

I was going to make elk chili, but you're ahrdly going to get any elk taste that way...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Octavian

Quote from: Barrister on September 30, 2011, 04:33:52 PM
Hey 11B - I have a pound of ground elk sitting in my freezer - what should I do with it?

I was going to make elk chili, but you're ahrdly going to get any elk taste that way...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcJjMnHoIBI&ob=av2e

- Eyal Yanilov.

- Bruce Lee

KRonn

The 358 is a decently heavy caliber. Is it good on longer ranges, flat trajectory, or better for closer in, heavy brush? I think you said you hunt in fairly thick forest, so I assume the ranges are generally not too long? Maybe a one or two hundred yards? Good luck on the hunt.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Barrister on September 30, 2011, 04:33:52 PM

Stew?
Burgers?
Steak?
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Admiral Yi

Quote from: 11B4V on September 29, 2011, 09:37:28 PM

You might want to consider buying shorter jeans bro.

11B4V

Elk hunting area. St. Helens is about 12 miles SSW

Deer hunting area. Olympic Nat. Forest. east of Lake Cushman.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

OttoVonBismarck

There is elk season in SW Virginia as well, if I don't get one this year it will be my third year in a row without taking an elk.

I did bag 18 deer last season though :).

11B4V

During elk season I'm hoping for nasty weather.