News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Almost here!!

Started by 11B4V, September 28, 2011, 07:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil

Quote from: Jacob on September 28, 2011, 11:16:51 PM
I don't think there are many hippies on languish.
They wouldn't last long.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

11B4V

Quote from: PRC on September 28, 2011, 11:08:24 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on September 28, 2011, 07:44:35 PM

Two weeks to Deer season and a about a month til Elk season.

I know that probably bothers some of you sandle wearing tree hugging hippies.  :moon:

I think the general vibe of the eco-warriors is that hunting for your own meat is a good thing as it's sustainable, it's not buying factory farmed meat from a mega-store, etc.  PETA will be up in arms against it of course, but generally speaking i think most of the hippies are for it.
True. I ran into some of the PETA fundies back in '94-'95 when I was moonlighting as a "Wild Life Assassin" (as they called me) for Northwest Trek the first time I was stationed in Washington.

Long story short. I was contracted by the park to thin the exploding white tail deer herd. The white tails were breeding with the black tails. They had deformaties and such. After closing, myself and the curator would hop in his little truck. He would point out the ones he wanted taken out. We'd bag them and take them over to the wolf areas. Later when they got two Grizzly's at the park, we would take the shot deer over to their cages.

Let me tell you the movies do no justice to the damage a Griz can do and they werent even full grown.

PETA was protesting outside the gate. Problem was, the state would not let the park release the white tails into the wild. Upset the ecosystem or some shit. The state would also not pay for state/federal animal damage control to come in. Catch 22 for the park. Hence where I come in.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Valmy

Hunting is a sport for gentlemen  :bowler:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

11B4V

Some animals I have no desire to hunt. Bear, Big Cats, Elephant, rhino.

I wish they would transplant Mbogo herds in the southeast US. To thin the redneck s

"Hey Lee Roy, you see the size of that ..(trample)...(trample)...." :lmfao:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Brazen

Send me some venison plzkthx. I like it like my men - well hung.

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on September 28, 2011, 08:31:57 PM
Also, it saddens me that venison isn't allowed to be sold in stores around here. I want to eat it, but I'm not a good enough shot to go hunting (nor can I afford it).
Really? You can get it in most supermarkets here.

Josquius

Deer is tasty and they do need their population controlled nonetheless people who take pleasure in killing things have something wrong with them.
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

I have deer and boar cold cuts in my fridge right now.  :) Pepper coated salchichón, mmmm.  :mmm:

11B4V

Quote from: The Larch on September 29, 2011, 07:07:09 AM
I have deer and boar cold cuts in my fridge right now.  :) Pepper coated salchichón, mmmm.  :mmm:

Tasty vittles there.

Grey Fox

Around here wild meat taste alot like Fir or other conifers. How is it in the south?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Larch

Quote from: 11B4V on September 29, 2011, 07:09:54 AM
Quote from: The Larch on September 29, 2011, 07:07:09 AM

Tasty vittles there.

And I also had, bought in the same batch and already consumed, a tray of deer cecina, which was really tasty. Much stronger flavour than beef.

Razgovory

I do not hunt, but I'm actually very supportive of those that do.  Seems like a worthy hobby and anything that thins out the goddamn deer is a good thing.  According to the Department of Conservation 150 thousand deer are harvested annually in Missouri.  That's a fucking lot.  Also hunters are what make the Department of Conservation what it is, and I like the other services they provide such as nature reserves and the like.  I've had deer burgers a few times, they are tasty. :)
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on September 29, 2011, 07:25:11 AM
I do not hunt, but I'm actually very supportive of those that do.  Seems like a worthy hobby and anything that thins out the goddamn deer is a good thing.  According to the Department of Conservation 150 thousand deer are harvested annually in Missouri.  That's a fucking lot.  Also hunters are what make the Department of Conservation what it is, and I like the other services they provide such as nature reserves and the like.  I've had deer burgers a few times, they are tasty. :)

How many can a single hunter take in a season?

Ed Anger

Fucking hunters better keep off mah lands.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

viper37

I don't like hunting and I don't think it's a sport either.  Staying still is not a sport :P

However, I don't mind the hunters.  It's necessary to keep a balance, and humans have always been a predator.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

KRonn

I also used to really look forward to hunting season, deer, ducks/geese, pheasant, grouse. Used to go to Quebec, Isle d'Orleans for the opening of duck season. What a battle field that was, hunters everywhere! Usually Maine for deer, but sometimes any of the New England states. But haven't hunted in years, and doubt that I'll be doing so again. Just lost my desire for it, though I'm fully supportive of those who hunt. I have no problem with it. It's also a lot of work, not usually an easy task to bag something. You have to enjoy just being out there in the woods, or along the waterways, depending what you're hunting. Same with fishing too.

11B4V, where do you hunt elk? Locally in your state (which state)?