News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Rules of Rugby

Started by Syt, September 30, 2011, 12:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

& I actually learned something.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Viking

I like this one.

thought the bit about lifting is not as the rules are written. Pre-gripping is no prohibited, so there must be air between the lifter's hands and the jumper's shorts. Lifting is also technically banned, but what you can do is progressively support, that is to say the jumper must provide the motion upwards, which can be supported by the lifters. Dwarf throwing is not permitted on pitch, and, if you are married into the royal family, it is apparently banned off pitch as well.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

We played Rugby in grade school.  The rules were simple.  You took a soccer ball, carried it under one arm and used the other arm to punch the other kids.  At the same time all the other kids tried to beat the hell out of you.  There was running involved but to where was not important.  From was though.  You ran away from the other kids.  I don't know if we played that right.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017