And we're back!

Main Menu

Skyrim

Started by viper37, September 27, 2011, 10:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: viper37 on June 15, 2016, 12:01:06 AM
Skyrim remastered announced
For those interested.  New graphical and sound effects, apparently.  Free for owners of the Legendary edition, or Skyrim+all addons.
Right when I finally decide to start playing skyrim too
██████
██████
██████

Josquius

Two questions:

1: My horse is set to an enemy for some reason. He just stands there whilst my companions kill him. Any idea how to fix it?

2: Did anyone play as an elf?
I'm a nord. I'm curious how that works out considering the plot seems dead set against being a high elf. Wonder what happens differently.
(for the record, I'm just before infiltrating a party. Don't spoiler me please)
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Didn't play as an elf.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Solmyr

1. Are you using any horse or other creature mods?

2. Your race has no effect on the main plot.

Josquius

Quote from: Solmyr on June 18, 2016, 12:42:11 PM

No horse mods. I have a follower mod but that is it.

And that sucks.
Weird that you'd be fighting for humanity against high elf domination as a high elf.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: Tyr on June 18, 2016, 12:44:25 PM

And that sucks.
Weird that you'd be fighting for humanity against high elf domination as a high elf.

:vlasov:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Solmyr

Quote from: Tyr on June 18, 2016, 12:44:25 PM

And that sucks.

Which follower mod?

And well, not all elves like the Thalmor.

Josquius

Amazing follower tweaks.

True. Not everyone is in bed with the Thalmor. But still........
But 'tis typical of such RPGs, and understandable why.
██████
██████
██████

Solmyr

I've played a Khajiit in every game since Morrowind. Nothing is less a "traditional hero" than that. :P

Josquius

Larry Niven is proud.
██████
██████
██████

viper37

Quote from: Tyr on June 18, 2016, 12:23:47 PM
Two questions:

1: My horse is set to an enemy for some reason. He just stands there whilst my companions kill him. Any idea how to fix it?
Install STEP with all the unofficial patches.  No bugs, better graphics.

I'm a nord. I'm curious how that works out considering the plot seems dead set against being a high elf. Wonder what happens differently.
Dialogue can change, but quests won't.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: viper37 on June 18, 2016, 06:55:06 PM
Quote from: Tyr on June 18, 2016, 12:23:47 PM
Two questions:

Install STEP with all the unofficial patches.  No bugs, better graphics.

Dialogue can change, but quests won't.

IIRC, the only two times you encounter high elves are during the Winterhold College quest line and the embassy espionage quest- in the first, the other one's so cuckoo that your race/allegiance makes no difference, and during the other, the dialogue has the player treated as a race traitor, with the same outcomes.  The only other place it might (in terms of story) become an issue is Windhelm, but it's just snarkier commentary directed toward the player.  There's no mention of [spoiler]Ulfric's position as an agent provocateur for the high elves[/spoiler](spoilered because you'll find it out during the party quest), as he's too canny to let that slip.

I'm impressed that you've gotten this far with a high elf, honestly, because IIRC, the race passives really work against you.  Breton, Nord, and Redguard have the "easy button" passives, with high elves, Argonians, and Khajiti having really specialized traits that make them hard to play in a general game.  I know I had better luck with a wood elf than a high elf.
Experience bij!

Josquius

I've tried a few mods but the game still looks really shit.
Any quick and easy way to make it shiny and nice?
██████
██████
██████

viper37

Quote from: Tyr on July 30, 2016, 07:33:33 AM
I've tried a few mods but the game still looks really shit.
Follow the guide
If you have decent hardware, install 2k or 4k textures when you have the option.

QuoteAny quick and easy way to make it shiny and nice?
No.

I can help you with STEP, but you just can't try your hand piece-meal at some graphic mods here and there wihtout raising compatibility issues and not fixing the base game.  Many texture packs will overwrite each other if you don't use Modmanager, so it's gonna look silly onscreen.

Installing the high-res DLC patch from Bethesda will help, but there are others, less compressed textures mods out there, and some won't work if you don't have the unofficial patches.

It's gonna take  a day or two (Dyndolod takes 3.5-4hrs to generate but it's really, really, really, really worth it) to download and install everything, but it's worth it.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.