News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Skyrim

Started by viper37, September 27, 2011, 10:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: DontSayBanana on April 28, 2015, 10:12:23 AM
.... if the fishing mod guy who ripped off Fore's animations is to be believed (so take it with a dump truck full of salt)... 

I don't think that this characterization of Chesko is at all fair.  He made his mod dependent on FNIS, but didn't rip off Fore's animations.  Chesko's mod used animations by Aqqh, not Fore.  The problem was that FNIS's Creative License disallowed its use in paid mods, so Chesko took it down at Fore's request.  Chesko has, as far as I can tell, an exemplary track record of openness and honesty, and you have no reason to impugn his  word.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

viper37

Pretty honest, I'd say.  Refreshing to see.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

Is this game playable with a controller?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 10, 2015, 12:09:19 PM
Is this game playable with a controller?
Mouse&kb is better and easier.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: viper37 on June 11, 2015, 07:23:46 PM

Fib.  The PC version of the game is actually the port this time around- the mouse/keyboard controls are way more jittery than with an XB360 gamepad.
Experience bij!

viper37

Well, I used a few mods for controls/UI, and that seemed better with a kb&mouse.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: viper37 on June 15, 2015, 06:46:04 PM
Well, I used a few mods for controls/UI, and that seemed better with a kb&mouse.

That's actually a good point.  Modded Skyrim is best Skyrim.  SkyUI and Val's Crafting Meltdown in particular are pretty much essential, and there are several mods to replace the perk trees with ones that make more sense.
Experience bij!

Grallon

I'm almost done with the second (and most likely the last) playthrough of the Witcher 3 and I'm thinking of trying Perkus Maximus but that implies a whole new re-configuration, update of all the mods I use, etc.  As much as W3 is well crafted I still prefer Skyrim's freedom to be whoever you chose to be.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

viper37

I'm beginning to hate modding this game.  Goddman updates at 1gb a piece  :ultra:

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: DontSayBanana on June 14, 2015, 07:44:58 AM
Quote from: viper37 on June 11, 2015, 07:23:46 PM

Fib.  The PC version of the game is actually the port this time around- the mouse/keyboard controls are way more jittery than with an XB360 gamepad.

I'm not sure what it is, but I hate free-aiming (in any game) with a controller.

viper37

Skyrim remastered announced
For those interested.  New graphical and sound effects, apparently.  Free for owners of the Legendary edition, or Skyrim+all addons.

Grallon

WOO! :yeah:

They seem to have absorbed the best of the visual mods.  I wonder if it'll have a second life?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Josephus

Loved the game,not sure I have the patience to play it again though. Some of the scenes were quite tedious to have to go through again.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

Quote from: Grallon on June 15, 2016, 06:00:18 AM
WOO! :yeah:

They seem to have absorbed the best of the visual mods.  I wonder if it'll have a second life?

G.
If they're doing this, it's because they know people are still playing it, and will keep buying the game.