News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Skyrim

Started by viper37, September 27, 2011, 10:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Grallon, here you go:

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.
Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
HearthFires.esm
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm
FunctionalHomes.esm
Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - Main.esm
HighResTexturePack01.esp
HighResTexturePack02.esp
HighResTexturePack03.esp
Cutting Room Floor.esp
83Willows_101BUGS_V4_LowRes.esp
Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
Disease Descriptions.esp
Nausicaa's Tweaker.esp
ClamsDropPearls.esp
DawnguardRuneWeaponsFXSReplacer.esp
Moss Rocks.esp
Rainbows.esp
Convenient Horses.esp
Chesko_LoreBasedLoadingScreens.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-Hearthfire.esp
SMIM-FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp
DD_Dawnguard Additions.esp
SMIM-DragonbornTernFix.esp
DD_Dragonborn Additions.esp
Weapons & Armor Fixes_Remade.esp
AOS.esp
Weapons & Armor_TrueOrcish&DaedricWeapons.esp
ADS.esp
Complete Crafting Overhaul_Remade.esp
ORM-Arvak.esp
DragonShoutVoice.esp
Dr_BandolierDG.esp
Traps Make Noise.esp
ExplosiveBoltsVisualized.esp
Animated Weapon Enchants.esp
SMIM-DungeonsCliffsIceSkirts.esp
Moss Rocks_DB.esp
Footprints.esp
Footprints - Ash.esp
FunctionalHomes - Dawnguard.esp
FunctionalHomes - Dragonborn.esp
FunctionalHomes.esp
Dragon Falls Manor.esp
SkyrimCoinReplacerRedux.esp
Auto Unequip Ammo.esp
Beards.esp
Appropriately Attired Jarls Redux.esp
BWS.esp
Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp
mintylightningmod.esp
IHSS.esp
Lock Overhaul.esp
Brows.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
Improved Combat Sounds v2.2.esp
dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp
Paralyze.esp
Radiant and Unique Potions Poisons and Booze.esp
BardRequestBreak.esp
DeadlySpellImpacts.esp
SMDropLitTorch.esp
Elemental Staves.esp
towConversation.esp
ShootingStars.esp
SkyFalls + SkyMills + DG + DB.esp
RealisticWaterTwo.esp
Distant DetailHF.esp
ArcheryDummyXP.esp
AlchemyOrganization.esp
AutomaticItemStorage.esp
SkyUI.esp
Dual Sheath Redux.esp
Soul Gems Differ.esp
Spousetocustomhome.esp
A Simple Marriage Mod.esp
The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp
fFastTravelSpeedMult_4.esp
WetandCold.esp
WetandCold - Ashes.esp
When Vampires Attack.esp
aMidianBorn_ContentAddon.esp
BetterQuestObjectives.esp
AmazingFollowerTweaks.esp
VendorSaleDelay-Gone.esp
Thieves Guild Requirements.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-Dawnguard.esp
Immersive Weapons.esp
Unique Uniques.esp
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
Cartographers Map Markers.esp
Oblivion Gates v3 - Skyrim + Dawnguard DLC.esp
BirdsHFclean.esp
RealisticWaterTwo - Legendary.esp
SFO - Dragonborn.esp
SDO Full-LOD - Waterfall Effects.esp
Run For Your Lives.esp
Point The Way.esp
SkyrimImprovedPuddles-DG-HF-DB.esp
Child Adoption.esp
SDO Full-LOD - Whiterun Trundra Creeks.esp
SMIM-ShackRoofFixes.esp
GR123 Castle.esp
BreezehomeLadderFix.esp
LydiaLoopFix.esp
NoxUE2.00.esp
HearthfireChimneys.esp
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
SMIM-ShackRoofFixesDragonborn.esp
Improved Closefaced Helmets_Legendary.esp
improvedquestbooks.esp
knownspells.esp
manny_Status.esp
minemapmarkers.esp
PilgrimsDelight.esp
The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp
HoldBorderBanners.esp
Portable Campsite.esp
BlockSparkles.esp
Gildergreen Regrown.esp
OpenUnlock.esp
SDO Full-LOD - Giant Campfires.esp
Chesko_Step418_SN.esp
STEP Core Patch.esp
moveit.esp
randomthunder.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp
Dual Sheath Redux Patch.esp
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

grumbler

Quote from: The Brain on August 11, 2014, 04:29:06 PM
So much work for some nudity and BDSM.

We don't all live in Germany,  where we can get that by looking out our window.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Viper, have you tried cleaning your save with http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52363/? Script Cleaner?

Alternatively, do you have the same problem with new games?  If you don't, try the above mod.  If you do (or if the game crashes before you get to the load save screen) NVM.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

viper37

It doesn't seem so bad tonight.  I'm afraid of the saved game cleaner, I don't want to lose my stuff.

I haven't tried a new game yet, I want to finish this one first :)

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

grumbler

Quote from: viper37 on August 11, 2014, 08:57:17 PM
It doesn't seem so bad tonight.  I'm afraid of the saved game cleaner, I don't want to lose my stuff.

I haven't tried a new game yet, I want to finish this one first :)

If you just start a new game and play it until past the time of your normal crashes, it says something about your save (if indeed, it is more stable).  The save game cleaner automatically backs up your save, so it is pretty safe.  I've used it any number of time when deleting mods, and haven't had any problems.

Bayraktar!

viper37

I found somewhere that I needed to edit SKSE.ini and add the line Enable=1.  This has significantly reduced my crashes.

However, my Dragonborn textures aren't that great.  I think I made a mistake installing some of the mods.

Say, often, you got a mod, with an extra file for the add-ons, Dawnguard or Dragonborn, do you install it as if it were another mod (ex: Skyrim enhancement mod; then Skyrim Enhancement mod - Dawnguard) or do you merge the mods so that files from the latest replace the other ones? It is often unclear in the installation instructions...

The Brain

Quote from: grumbler on August 11, 2014, 07:52:43 PM
Quote from: The Brain on August 11, 2014, 04:29:06 PM
So much work for some nudity and BDSM.

We don't all live in Germany,  where we can get that by looking out our window.

And whose fault is that? :rolleyes:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: viper37 on August 15, 2014, 08:40:25 AM
I found somewhere that I needed to edit SKSE.ini and add the line Enable=1.  This has significantly reduced my crashes.

However, my Dragonborn textures aren't that great.  I think I made a mistake installing some of the mods.

Say, often, you got a mod, with an extra file for the add-ons, Dawnguard or Dragonborn, do you install it as if it were another mod (ex: Skyrim enhancement mod; then Skyrim Enhancement mod - Dawnguard) or do you merge the mods so that files from the latest replace the other ones? It is often unclear in the installation instructions...
You use both.  If the patch can be merged, it will be merged into the Bash patch.

Bayraktar!

viper37

Quote from: grumbler on August 18, 2014, 06:12:26 PM

You use both.  If the patch can be merged, it will be merged into the Bash patch.
But when I install it in Mod Manager, I am given a choice of renaming the patch, or merging it with the existing one.  Wich do I chose at this moment?

I'm pretty sure there's something wrong with my Dragonborn (also, with some cave in the mainland), as my textures aren't that great.

grumbler

Quote from: viper37 on August 19, 2014, 09:00:01 AM
Quote from: grumbler on August 18, 2014, 06:12:26 PM

But when I install it in Mod Manager, I am given a choice of renaming the patch, or merging it with the existing one.  Wich do I chose at this moment?

I'm pretty sure there's something wrong with my Dragonborn (also, with some cave in the mainland), as my textures aren't that great.
Merge with the existing one, in that case.

You can also perhaps fix your Dragonborn by using steam to validate the files.

Bayraktar!

viper37

I just lost my last 5 days of playing.  I played all week-end as it was raining.

What use is Steam cloud if it doesn't back up my saves??

Grallon

Quote from: viper37 on August 20, 2014, 06:01:11 PM
I just lost my last 5 days of playing.  I played all week-end as it was raining.

What use is Steam cloud if it doesn't back up my saves??

Sorry to hear this.  You must deactivate all automatic saves from the settings and whatever mods has saving as an option and start saving yourself, locally, at regular intervals - whenever you transition between zones - before and after.  And a new save every time - not overwriting an existing one.  After a while it becomes automatic.  You may delete older ones after a while, keeping the last 5 or 10 because it does add up.  I'm at save 710 now - lvl 62.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

viper37

No, you don't understand: I lost everything for the last 5 days, the files are gone.  I did not overwrite anything by accident.

I know how it happenned though.

My motherboard comes with an utility named RogRAMdisk.  So I created a 4gb RAMdisk out of my memory to store save games from the game I'm currently playing.  So, Skyrim for now.

One problem I'm still experiencing and been unable to fix on my computer, is that the GPU seems to shut itself off, completely.  The computer is running, but I have a blank screen and I am unable to get any display.  The only way so far that I found is to restard my computer.

You see where it's coming?  RamDisk.  Abnormal computer shutdown.  No more saves...

I knew it was a risk, I knew it happenned infrequently, but I figured my games were uploaded to SteamCloud.  Why else would Skyrim perform a synch after I exited the game?  Wrong.  There is no SteamCloud for Skyrim, apparently.

So I lost everything.

But now, I made a simple batch file to copy my saved games to the computer hard drive.  And I used Windows task scheduler to have it run once a day.

Meanwhile, I uninstalled all mods + Skyrim and I'm restarting fresh.  I don't feel like replaying all of DB right now anyway.  And if my save games where to be unusable after that, so be it, I'll be done with this stupid game.

viper37

So, I solved my crash problem and I finished the game.  Well, sort of.

I finished the civil war and the main dragon quest.  I feel like it was a let down.  No proper ending, really.

I have two minor quests I could finish, just don't even see the point anymore.

Grallon

You cannot finish Skyrim.  Which is why I keep relaunching new playthroughs.  In fact I was at lvl 80 last week, having played since early July, when I decided it was time to restart again.  And now I have entered the realm of mod merging to have MOAR while respecting the 255 mods limit.  It's rather overwhelming as of now.

I found new beautification mods for guys - well the few selection that exists compared to the megatons of mods for females - and I'm anxious to get started again.  But I have to reduce my load order from 304 to below 255 - which means learning to merge this shit together.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel