And we're back!

Main Menu

Skyrim

Started by viper37, September 27, 2011, 10:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Solmyr on July 21, 2014, 05:14:24 AM
Quote from: viper37 on July 20, 2014, 10:09:29 PM
what are the uses of the leather flasks and leather notebooks?

Check the mod description? :P

duh!  I didn't realize this was a mod I installed :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josephus

Quote from: Razgovory on July 21, 2014, 12:13:15 PM
I think certain areas have triggers that set off random events.  Many of the random events are dragons.  Vampires are more annoying because they can kill NPCs in town.  They always seem to appear in town.

The main store in winterfell has been empty since very early in my game due to a vampire attack. I should be allowed to sleep there and set up shop but the game won't let me.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Norgy

Winterfell?
Was: Ned Stark there?

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Josephus on July 22, 2014, 06:11:33 AM
The main store in winterfell has been empty since very early in my game due to a vampire attack. I should be allowed to sleep there and set up shop but the game won't let me.

Winterfell?  Are you sure you're not thinking of Winterhold or Windhelm? :huh:
Experience bij!

grumbler

I decided to try the Mod Organizer, but it completely fubar'd my game into a crashtastic mess.  :(   I think it would work great with a new game, but anyone with an existing game should probably do a complete backup of their game before trying it.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Norgy

Is it different from the Nexus Mod Manager or the same, grumbler?

You really need Wrye Bash and BOSS with it, otherwise you'll be in crashville for a good while.

I also use SKSE (Skyrim Script Extender, if anyone wonders), as there are so many mods that use extra scripts.

Before I installed the SKSE, I tried starting a new game and it took half an hour to get to Helgen in the opening sequence, as the horse and cart kept bouncing off the road and up the hillside landing upside down.  :lol: :sleep:

grumbler

Quote from: Norgy on July 22, 2014, 04:22:10 PM
Is it different from the Nexus Mod Manager or the same, grumbler?

You really need Wrye Bash and BOSS with it, otherwise you'll be in crashville for a good while.

I also use SKSE (Skyrim Script Extender, if anyone wonders), as there are so many mods that use extra scripts.

Before I installed the SKSE, I tried starting a new game and it took half an hour to get to Helgen in the opening sequence, as the horse and cart kept bouncing off the road and up the hillside landing upside down.  :lol: :sleep:

Mod Organizer is supposedly the follow-on to Nexus Mod Manager (which had the downside of Taking Fucking Forever to load), but as a kind of fan-follow-on to NMM.  I have used Wrye Mods since Wrye (may the monkey rest in peace) was actually the guy doing it, and BOSS since it was actually about Oblivion (when it was an adjunct to FCOM and called BFSS).  You are correct that SKSE/OBSE/FOSE/NVSE are all required mods for the serious modder, but that wasn't my point.  My point was that MO is probably a good mod for new gamers in Skyrim, but the people with currently-seriously-modded games should be careful not to switch to MO without a complete backup, because it doesn't upgrade well at all.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Norgy

I'll stay away from that. I'm quite happy with the setup I have now.

Nexus Mod Manager is decent, and at least a lot better than what we had when I tried FCOM for Oblivion for the first time ages ago.

Did you ever try the Morroblivion mod?

Josephus

Quote from: DontSayBanana on July 22, 2014, 07:38:15 AM
Quote from: Josephus on July 22, 2014, 06:11:33 AM

Winterfell?  Are you sure you're not thinking of Winterhold or Windhelm? :huh:

Lol...yeah, Windhelm...
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

grumbler

Quote from: Norgy on July 22, 2014, 05:50:26 PM
I'll stay away from that. I'm quite happy with the setup I have now.

Nexus Mod Manager is decent, and at least a lot better than what we had when I tried FCOM for Oblivion for the first time ages ago.

Did you ever try the Morroblivion mod?
I love the Morroblivion mod, and regard  it as the best overall mod ever (yes, better than A Quest for heaven, though that is close). I played the entire MW quest without the BS MW limitations.

Bayraktar!

Norgy

Well, someone is going to be away for a while. Downloading...  :ph34r:

sbr

Tell me more about Morroblivion.  I assume it is an Oblivion mod that recreates Morrowind?

Norgy

Quote from: sbr on July 22, 2014, 10:22:40 PM
Tell me more about Morroblivion.  I assume it is an Oblivion mod that recreates Morrowind?

Check out the website:
http://tesrenewal.com/

This, I presume, is Balmora.

:licklips:

Syt

I like the look of Balmora in the Morrowind overhaul mod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8J-hbRCNLw
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.