News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Skyrim

Started by viper37, September 27, 2011, 10:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Grallon on January 30, 2014, 07:27:39 AM
` -> player.additem [item code] [quantity] or ` -> player.additem f 50000 (gold). 

My problem with this house in Falkreath is the ugly furniture you can make to furnish it - all this rustic Nordicity is making me noxious.  I want something more refined - like in the Solitude houses.  So anyway I found a mod that creates books containing all the item codes in the game and the expensions.  There's another mod that allows you to move unmovable objects.  Or, come to think of it - I might as well open the Creation Kit and place them there myself.  Does anyone know if it's possible to use the CK to edit a save game?

G.

I've historically been a filthy cheater (I also have the Stone of Learning mod which automatically sets all skills to 100 upon activation), but this time I've been trying to minimize the cheating, only using god mode to deal with my horrible luck in high-level enemy or dragon spawns immediately while entering a zone and to keep from having to ditch stuff due to carry weight.

Given the amount of materials involved, I would hate trying to grind crafting experience on a no-cheating playthrough.
Experience bij!

The Brain

Cheat in Skyrim? The game is extremely undemanding.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

Quote from: DontSayBanana on January 30, 2014, 09:25:51 AM
Quote from: Grallon on January 30, 2014, 07:27:39 AM
` -> player.additem [item code] [quantity] or ` -> player.additem f 50000 (gold). 

My problem with this house in Falkreath is the ugly furniture you can make to furnish it - all this rustic Nordicity is making me noxious.  I want something more refined - like in the Solitude houses.  So anyway I found a mod that creates books containing all the item codes in the game and the expensions.  There's another mod that allows you to move unmovable objects.  Or, come to think of it - I might as well open the Creation Kit and place them there myself.  Does anyone know if it's possible to use the CK to edit a save game?

G.

I've historically been a filthy cheater (I also have the Stone of Learning mod which automatically sets all skills to 100 upon activation), but this time I've been trying to minimize the cheating, only using god mode to deal with my horrible luck in high-level enemy or dragon spawns immediately while entering a zone and to keep from having to ditch stuff due to carry weight.

Given the amount of materials involved, I would hate trying to grind crafting experience on a no-cheating playthrough.

No offense, but why play it then?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

DontSayBanana

Quote from: 11B4V on January 30, 2014, 06:55:31 PM
No offense, but why play it then?

Because I'm just doing it for my own enjoyment and don't really feel the need to show off my AWSUM SKILLZ?  Besides, some people are better with different character builds.  I can blast through the main quest with one-handed, shields, and destruction spells, provided I don't get saddled with a ditzy follower that gets in my way.  I just felt like going more for immersion this time around.
Experience bij!

DontSayBanana

That awkward moment when you realize you're looking for nude base models not because you're a horny teenager, but you're offended by the anachronism of Nords wearing underwear under their armor. :blush:
Experience bij!

Grallon

Restarted a game some time ago, heavily modded and finally found the (almost) perfect house - the Elysium Estate ( http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33939/? ), outside of Whiterun.  It has everything, including room for 4 followers and 4 children (with the multi kids mod).  So I adopted 2 boys & 2 girls.  However I really don't see the need for multiple followers since I only ever travel with my boyfriend (well husband since I dragged him to Riften to put a ring on his finger).

Here he is (safe for work don't worry Spellus), my beautiful destruction battle mage, Damian Valerius.  And my self, Arathor Stormeyes.  I look like a Numenorean Highborn. ^_^

"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Grallon

Oh and here's a view from the outside patio of Elysium Estate - with Whiterun and Dragonsreach on the horizon.

"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

crazy canuck

MadImmortalMan

Well, I've got 654 hours of Skyrim on my Steam clock and I just today discovered that [spoiler]the Companions are werewolves[/spoiler].

:lol:

Guess I just never bothered before. So much to do in this game. Hell, it's probably been mentioned several times in this thread and I missed it.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

In my current playthrough I totally ignored them because, as you said... so much to do.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Norgy

I refused to become a werewolf the first time around, only to discover I couldn't go on with the Companions questline.

My least favourite questline has to be the College of Winterhold one. Short, and doesn't really do much for me.

Some of the random Nordic barrow delving can be great, though. The huge one between The Reach and Solitude is rather challenging.

The Daedric quests range between meh and great. Azura's Star is good, the one set in Markarth is meh.

Solmyr

viper37

Bought the game this week-end.  Hopefully, I'll find time to play sometime this year.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: viper37 on June 30, 2014, 08:21:20 PM
Bought the game this week-end.  Hopefully, I'll find time to play sometime this year.

Just take on some of the smaller quest lines.  It's easier than dealing with the main quest right away, since thar be dragons there, and those suckers will ice you quick at low levels.
Experience bij!