News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Skyrim

Started by viper37, September 27, 2011, 10:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I believe vampirism wipes out lycanthropy.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

BAH!

Actually just started a new character this week as never got very far into game in previous attempts after picking up Dragonborn DLC in the current Steam Sale.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on December 30, 2013, 11:59:59 PM
I believe vampirism wipes out lycanthropy.

Yes. Skyrim is full of hard choices.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grallon

Is it me or are PCs sqwishy?  I'm lvl 10 - I finished the Miraak temple and gained a new dragon soul for the power I ned to shatter one of his sanctuary.  I do so and the Lurker monser that comes out is far more difficult than a dragon...  I've been killed so many times now.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Grallon on January 08, 2014, 12:06:09 AM
Is it me or are PCs sqwishy?  I'm lvl 10 - I finished the Miraak temple and gained a new dragon soul for the power I ned to shatter one of his sanctuary.  I do so and the Lurker monser that comes out is far more difficult than a dragon...  I've been killed so many times now.

G.

The gameplay balancing is kinda screwy around levels 9-13 if you're playing a "normal" storyline progression; around there is where you usually start running into dragons, but the game ramps up the difficulty so much between those levels that it basically turns into a survival mode.  Getting flamed by a dragon at level 11 sucks when the only completed dungeon you've got under your belt is Bleak Falls Barrow.  Two shots has routinely taken down almost any of my Nord warriors. <_<
Experience bij!

Josephus

Quote from: Grallon on January 08, 2014, 12:06:09 AM

G.

I woldn't do the Dragonborn stuff just yet.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Josephus on January 08, 2014, 09:32:24 PM
I woldn't do the Dragonborn stuff just yet.

:yes: Once you get to Whiterun, the first couple of Companions quests give you relatively safe combat with a decent amount of XP for leveling.  Also, wandering north to Winterhold or Solitude or east to Riften result in plentiful safe bandit encounters.  I wouldn't recommend making a long trek west toward Falkreath or Markarth because you're more likely to run into necromancers and/or undead, or trying to cut over mountains near Dwemer ruins.
Experience bij!

Caliga

In my current playthrough I am about to: [spoiler]kill Paarthunax.[/spoiler]  Didn't do that the first time I played through.

Still haven't even touched the Dragonborn DLC yet.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

katmai

Except for the Cultists attacking me I don't think i've touch any dragonborn stuff as of yet.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Queequeg

It's a pretty great DLC.  I loved going back to Morrowind, and the Dark Elves are probably the coolest thing about the setting . They actually borrowed some pretty neat Hindu-Zoroastrian religious concepts for the mythology. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Grallon

Quote from: DontSayBanana on January 08, 2014, 09:46:05 PM

:yes: Once you get to Whiterun, the first couple of Companions quests give you relatively safe combat with a decent amount of XP for leveling.  Also, wandering north to Winterhold or Solitude or east to Riften result in plentiful safe bandit encounters.  I wouldn't recommend making a long trek west toward Falkreath or Markarth because you're more likely to run into necromancers and/or undead, or trying to cut over mountains near Dwemer ruins.

Had to begin another game after I found a whole bunch of mods to enhance the look of characters (vanilla are definitely fugly), the UI, add mechanics (weather patterns, better lights, trade routes), companions, an improved home, etc.  Next step is to get and install the kinky sex mod so I can fuck the brains out of my current companion, young Hjrolnir (from More Interesting Followers mod (1.8 gig)).  And so I left well alone the Miraak quest line this time around.  Now I retrieved Bertem? in Riften (got the amulet of Mara so I can marry young Hjrolnir) and with Delphine I'm on my way to Alduin's temple in the Reach.  I'been playin' non stop since I'm on vacation.  This game really feels epic & immersive. :wub:

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Josephus

That's pretty disturbing.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011