News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Skyrim

Started by viper37, September 27, 2011, 10:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Good heavens is the default UI bad. Got the SkyUi mod because I like to be able to equip items.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on August 23, 2013, 08:28:35 AM
I went down into the celler of Lakeview Manor this morning and got attacked by a pack of skeevers. :wacko:  Time to fire my Steward. :)

HR strikes again.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Ulfric Stormcloak is really a prick.  I went the peace council and he really comes off as an arrogant bastard.  I'm going to reload and win the goddamn war for the Empire.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Josephus

Quote from: Razgovory on September 05, 2013, 10:12:04 PM
Ulfric Stormcloak is really a prick.  I went the peace council and he really comes off as an arrogant bastard.  I'm going to reload and win the goddamn war for the Empire.

I just did that. Was expecting more fireworks, but all we got was some lame speech from the general and that was it. I wanted a fucking medal.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Razgovory

He gave me a sword.  I didn't need a sword, after all killing three dozen storm cloaks should have indicated that I'm pretty good weapon wise, but it's the thought that counts.

I beat the game, and found it slightly underwhelming.  I'm about to speak heresy hear, so you may wish to cover your ears, I think this game would be improved with some kind of timer.  It's hard to get excited about the world ending crisis, or the civil war if I can just knock off for six months to dick around.

"Go Dragonborn, recover the ancient nicknack of Bob Johnson the bold to convince the guys in dresses of your worthiness and thus save the world"

"Yeah, I'll get right on that as soon change some ledgers for the thieves guild, fulfill a contract where I kill a bear that got into some guys house, kill about 70 bandits and retrieve an Iron Dagger of Uselessness that a bum in Solitude inexplicably left in a sealed tomb full of mummies.  Unless some complete stranger offhandedly mentions it would be nice if I killed a cave full of vampires, picked 20 wild flowers or brave an ancient city of morlocks and spiders to find some booze that someone might have hidden there.  Then I'll have to do that first."

Syt

There's the "Live another life" mod, that lets you
a) skip the opening prologue at Helgen
b) makes the whole main quest start optional (if you don't go to Helgen to talk to a guy or something - haven't done that)
c) gives you a number of starting options/locations (a bit different from race to race, I think)

Tip: Don't pick the "shipwrecked" starting option if you have a hypothermia mod installed. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josephus

I guess one of the appeals was the open-endedness of the game that didn't force you to do things at certain points; but I agree, the lack of urgency in the two main quests effects the "realism" of the game.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Solmyr

It has been this way in every TES game so far.

Razgovory

Quote from: Solmyr on September 08, 2013, 09:07:01 AM
It has been this way in every TES game so far.

Not exactly true, but it my criticism still stands.

Caliga

I can't believe I'm still playing this game.  I've been playing it fairly consistently since like a month after it came out, with only a few long breaks of like 2-3 months at the most.  I still haven't even touched the Dragonborn expansion.

I declare this the greatest fantasy RPG of all time.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

What are you doing in it?

Installed mods:
SupersizeThese
GasFood
Scent+

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on November 02, 2013, 05:47:38 PM
I can't believe I'm still playing this game.  I've been playing it fairly consistently since like a month after it came out, with only a few long breaks of like 2-3 months at the most.  I still haven't even touched the Dragonborn expansion.

I declare this the greatest fantasy RPG of all time.

It has some good fan-made quest mods as well.  Probably nothing as good as FNV has, but those mods will probably be along in time.

You should try "Much Ado about Snow Elves" and "Moonpaths to Elswehr (sp?)"
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josephus

I been playing it on and off for a couple years.....such a huge universe.
Civis Romanus Sum

The Brain

Quote from: Josephus on November 10, 2013, 01:27:24 PM
I been playing it on and off for a couple years.....such a huge universe.

Carl Sagan frowns on your shenanigans.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.