News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Skyrim

Started by viper37, September 27, 2011, 10:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: DontSayBanana on August 01, 2013, 08:14:23 AM
Yeah, the vampire attacks in Dawnguard are a pain in the ass.  Especially since they pop most frequently for me right inside city gates when I'm trying to keep my bounty down. <_<

Currently, my level 16 Nord is taking a break before brokering the Imperial-Stormcloak truce to work on mining and smithing.  I've got the mage quests completed, just started the Companions quest line, and said "fuck it" and adopted a little orphan that was begging in Whiterun.  Discovery: Breezehome is kinda small for me, Lydia, and little Lucia. :P

If you are adopting kids you can build your own house.  It's actually kinda fun. I kept going to town buy iron and straw from a jackass who kept insulting me and going to the local mill to buy logs (which I can lift one handed!) from a not exactly subtle vampire.  It's kinda cozy in a crazy sort of way.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josephus

To build your own house, yuo still need land/permission from the Jarl correct?

I think Breezehome ends up being the cheapest, and easiest to obtain. Some of those others seem pretty expensive and require multi tasks before Jarl sells it to you
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

MadImmortalMan

I haven't tried that build your own house thing. Where can you build? Do you have to choose a preselected design, or from a list of them? Can you add any other features like farm fields outside and a forge or maybe a horse barn?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

garbon

In several of the cities, there are no homes for sell but rather plots of land. It'll then show up as an object on the map. You pick from some pre-selected options of types of rooms but after the main hall, you can pick what you want as the various wings of the house.  You also can pick regarding decorations.

And yeah, I have a small animal pen with a cow and chickens, a fish hatchery, a horse barn, a garden and a smelter right now.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: Josephus on August 02, 2013, 07:20:58 AM
To build your own house, yuo still need land/permission from the Jarl correct?

I think Breezehome ends up being the cheapest, and easiest to obtain. Some of those others seem pretty expensive and require multi tasks before Jarl sells it to you

I have a lot of cash just sitting in my pocket.  I still have a bunch of jewelry that I enchanted that I haven't been able to unload.  Currently I'm a werewolf, So I've been running around eating bandits and stuff.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

MadImmortalMan

Hm I tried the house thing in Falkreath last night. I like that it's outside of town. I think I've got the method down. There is sort of a formula, which is expected. I guess it would be next to impossible to make it a freeform design sort of thing. Although it would be awesome to be able to dig my own underground dwelling DF-style. There could be endless layouts essentially.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

garbon

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 03, 2013, 02:10:46 PM
Hm I tried the house thing in Falkreath last night. I like that it's outside of town. I think I've got the method down. There is sort of a formula, which is expected. I guess it would be next to impossible to make it a freeform design sort of thing. Although it would be awesome to be able to dig my own underground dwelling DF-style. There could be endless layouts essentially.

Well I think there is some mod that lets you do it freeform. I'm not really sure how that works though as Skyrim's interface isn't particularly amenable to things like that.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: garbon on August 03, 2013, 02:59:36 PM
Well I think there is some mod that lets you do it freeform. I'm not really sure how that works though as Skyrim's interface isn't particularly amenable to things like that.

I'd imagine it ties in pretty closely to the CK.  In which case, it should be pretty flexible, provided you're careful with your entry and exit points.
Experience bij!

Caliga

I started building a house this morning before I left for work.  Pretty neat.  It's on that site outside of Falkreath.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josephus

Do cleared caves, etc. respawn after a while? had to go back into Forswarn Cave, which my map shows as "cleared"....but there were plenty draugers around.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Razgovory

Quote from: Josephus on August 11, 2013, 09:47:01 PM
Do cleared caves, etc. respawn after a while? had to go back into Forswarn Cave, which my map shows as "cleared"....but there were plenty draugers around.

Some do.

DontSayBanana

Monsters in a cleared dungeon respawn after 2 weeks game time, IIRC.
Experience bij!

Octavian

Had a great fight last night against an Elder Dragon. 2-3 imperials, 3 wolves, me and my follower were fighting it. Only I and my follower survived.

I barely survived and only killed it at the last moment before i died myself. I died in my first attempt.

I saw several imperials being taken by the dragon and thrown around.

It was epic.
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

grumbler

Yes.  Locations that are able to be cleared respawn after a longer period than locations that are not (the latter is something like 7 days IIRC), but all spawns eventually respawn.  Placed content does not, of course.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Caliga

I went down into the celler of Lakeview Manor this morning and got attacked by a pack of skeevers. :wacko:  Time to fire my Steward. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points